Stocking 20 gallon

greyhunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, i have a waterbox 20 cube. I’m thinking of what fish i should put in. Its my first salt water aquarium. Currently i have the idea of stocking it with a purple firefish and a blue head fang blenny. Then when these two fish have established in the tank i would add a royal gramma so there is less chance of aggression. I would also put some cuc in the tank i was thinking 2 mexican turbo snails and 2 colorful reef safe hermit crabs. Would this work in this size tank or should i reconsider my options? If so what other options do you guys propose? Thank you in advance!

Ghostyboythedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, i have a waterbox 20 cube. I’m thinking of what fish i should put in. Its my first salt water aquarium. Currently i have the idea of stocking it with a purple firefish and a blue head fang blenny. Then when these two fish have established in the tank i would add a royal gramma so there is less chance of aggression. I would also put some cuc in the tank i was thinking 2 mexican turbo snails and 2 colorful reef safe hermit crabs. Would this work in this size tank or should i reconsider my options? If so what other options do you guys propose? Thank you in advance!
Sounds good.

OP
OP
G

greyhunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good plan. Adding any coral?
Since its my first marine tank i was thinking some easy corals like gsp, zoanthids, a few mushrooms, a leather coral, a green candy cane coral and maybe later down the line a torch or a hammer coral because i heard those can be a bit tricky.

bossman818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea. You will do just fine. Just let your tank be and do water changes. You will have no problems. Good luck! Post a photo.

Ghostyboythedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since its my first marine tank i was thinking some easy corals like gsp, zoanthids, a few mushrooms, a leather coral, a green candy cane coral and maybe later down the line a torch or a hammer coral because i heard those can be a bit tricky.
My personal favrioteis a candy can, and a duncan

BristleWormHater

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could i add a cleaner shrimp? I really like those guys but i thought my bioload would be to large then.
Yes you could absolutely add a cleaner shrimp and a few more inverts. If you are worried about bioload you could grow chaeto algae in one of the overflow chambers. The chaeto will absorb nitrates & phosphates and use them to grow. When it gets too big just pull some of it out and it will regrow.

lil sumpin

Digital Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like a solid plan. With a system this size, WCs are you best bet to balance out rising nutrients. Most folks go fish first and then start to add corals after that but I think it makes more sense to add corals and inverts first while algae begins to cycle. The inverts will graze and the corals will start to take up real estate, not letting the nuisances take hold entirely all while beginning to replicate a little ecosystem.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back