Stock list for Waterbox 190.5

storm_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
Relatively new to saltwater. I’ve had freshwater tanks my whole life but finally got into saltwater 18 months ago. I currently have a a Fluval Flex 32.5 that’s going great. Mixed reef with 2 clowns, 1 royal gramma, 1 tailspot blenny, 1 watchman goby, 1 tiger pistol, 1 fire shrimp, and a wide variety of corals.

I am finally getting my dream tank. A Waterbox 190.5. I have done a ton of research and although it will be a big step up, I’m excited for the challenge. I’ve spared no expense with equipment and controller setup. I’m going to really take my time with initial setup with heavy focus on water quality before I start transferring anything or buying anything new.

My question is… what are your thoughts on my wishlist as far as fish go. I know I will get mixed reviews on multiple tangs but I will make an educated decision in the end as far as that goes.
Wish list is as follows…

1 pearl scale butterfly
1 long nose hawkfish
1 blue dot jawfish
1 Melanurus wrasse
1 fox face Lo
1 powder blue tang
1 powder brown tang
+ the fish I currently own.

Any and all thoughts appreciated.

Thanks!

eliaslikesfish

Kinda Addicted to Anemone’s and Clowns.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t get a blue spot jawfish, they thrive in temperatures in the mid 60s during winter to low 70s in the summer. many are not aware of this and they inevitably end up living a short life in a reef tank, they just aren’t built to withstand reef temperatures.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

storm_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After doing a bit more research, it sounds like the powder blue and powder brown would fight to the death and also the pearl scale butterfly is apparently not reef safe like I thought. Thanks for the info on the Jawfish!

Reef Wizard

Octopus Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After doing a bit more research, it sounds like the powder blue and powder brown would fight to the death and also the pearl scale butterfly is apparently not reef safe like I thought. Thanks for the info on the Jawfish!
Powder blue will be the aggressor in the tank most likely its just that kind of fish usually. If you want a powder tang I believe the Brown is a little more docile.

There are not many reef safe Butterfly fish. Copperband Longnose Pyramid Butterflyfish. Are some but are Cautionary in a reef.

I have heard Melanuras are okay with shrimp and inverts but I tried 2 and didnt find that to be the case so keep that in mind several people say they dont harm theirs.

The tank is great. Check my Build thread for my 190.5 :)

OP
OP
S

storm_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powder blue will be the aggressor in the tank most likely its just that kind of fish usually. If you want a powder tang I believe the Brown is a little more docile.

There are not many reef safe Butterfly fish. Copperband Longnose Pyramid Butterflyfish. Are some but are Cautionary in a reef.

I have heard Melanuras are okay with shrimp and inverts but I tried 2 and didnt find that to be the case so keep that in mind several people say they dont harm theirs.

The tank is great. Check my Build thread for my 190.5 :)
Thanks for the info!!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back