Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so after a run through with ich & being lazy with my tank I am restarting my entire stock & switching up aquascape.

Copepod bloom has accumulated now that my wrasses are out

90g display (425xl redsea):

Biota Yellow tang
Tomini tang
3 or 5 chromis (need advice)
2 clowns
1 yellow corris wrasse
1 pintail fairy wrasse or melanarus wrasse

Thanks for any advice. Mainly unsure about the wrasses and if I could just do all 3 or not & how many chromis is best

Avast

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so after a run through with ich & being lazy with my tank I am restarting my entire stock & switching up aquascape.

Copepod bloom has accumulated now that my wrasses are out

90g display (425xl redsea):

Biota Yellow tang
Tomini tang
3 or 5 chromis (need advice)
2 clowns
1 yellow corris wrasse
1 pintail fairy wrasse or melanarus wrasse

Thanks for any advice. Mainly unsure about the wrasses and if I could just do all 3 or not & how many chromis is best
I wouldn’t do 2 tangs in that tank. The yellow is just too large for a 4’ tank even if it’s a 4’x2’. You really want this species in a 6’ tank as they tend to get stunted in a 4’ tank IME.
The Tomini should work along with everything else however be cautious with the Chromis as they may whittle themselves down to 1-2 if not given a reason to school (I find adding Chrysiptera damsels helps them to school and not kill eachother off). Also be warned about Chromis, they do risk Uronema and can die off due to that.

OP
OP
radreef02

radreef02

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t do 2 tangs in that tank. The yellow is just too large for a 4’ tank even if it’s a 4’x2’. You really want this species in a 6’ tank as they tend to get stunted in a 4’ tank IME.
The Tomini should work along with everything else however be cautious with the Chromis as they may whittle themselves down to 1-2 if not given a reason to school (I find adding Chrysiptera damsels helps them to school and not kill eachother off). Also be warned about Chromis, they do risk Uronema and can die off due to that.

I am aware of the fact that they kill each other, does anyone have experience with what amount does “best” or any factors to help the battling ? I will try a damsel, I was actually interested in getting one for pest control

My plan was to put the chromis in a QT for observation & see how they do. Would symptoms possible show early ? I know once they get it , it’s pretty much over for that guy.

Would 2-3 anthias be a better bet ?

For the wrasses do you have any input there ? I’m not sure ab the pintail

For the tangs, I kept a YT in a 2x2’ and he grew to a large size in a year, I’m hoping to keep these fish for 2-3 years in this tank before going to a 6 or 7’ Reef

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back