Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I I recently upgraded my biocube to steves LEDS. I like the lights. I am not sure on 2 things.
1- channel 1 has 2 blue LEDs, channel 2 has 1 white and one blue. seems like too much blue to me.
2- when I go in and make the settings for channel 2 (day mode) it looks great but then when I exit the programming then lights go to a much lower intensity.

any ideas?
thanks

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not familiar with this light. Our reef tanks do better with more blue than white, and we have used our PAR meter to check and make sure the lights are not too bright; however, most of the time, using the coral's response was better.

Sanya

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I have had 2 sets of Steves leds and one of them stopped working after less then one year of using . I tried to contact Steves leds for a few months but got bot replies only. Another one had a fan failure after roughly 2 years.
It was totally waste of money for me.

Nutramar Foods

Biocube32

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I I recently upgraded my biocube to steves LEDS. I like the lights. I am not sure on 2 things.
1- channel 1 has 2 blue LEDs, channel 2 has 1 white and one blue. seems like too much blue to me.
2- when I go in and make the settings for channel 2 (day mode) it looks great but then when I exit the programming then lights go to a much lower intensity.

any ideas?
thanks
Hi, I also just got Steve's LEDs. I don't yet know the answer to your question, but I am going to try and program mine in the next week or so and then maybe I'd be able to help.

Sorry to derail thread, but did you have any issues installing yours? I was going to create a thread shortly and I was wondering if your kit was the same since you have recently purchased one and I know the kits have changed slightly over the years.

Here is a link to my thread. I would appreciate any insight or a picture of this area on your kit so I can see how mine is similar or different. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tenecor Aquariums
Back