Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i just did research for a while like a really long time on my anemone and i thought it was a bacterial infection but it turns out it’s actually starving.
so i’m just wondering if there’s anything i can do besides giving him a small pencil sized eraser peice of shrimp a day can i soak it in something that will help or no.
i also know i did a lot of threads on my bta and ik all the questions and stuff i asked but it was a bacterial infection because then it’s mouth would have been gaping all the time but it did gape for the longest time until i started feeding it again and it’s tenticals are now just small nubs.
also i’m gonna put a picture of it from a while ago so far all it’s done was gain some of its color back but the tenticals are still small.

6584F4D5-CA42-442D-A353-02B581FCAAE6.jpeg

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As is with most things reef related just take it slow. I would feed maybe once a week and then gradually to once every 3 days based on its feeding response.

Frequency of feeding needs to take into account size of food i think.
thanks i’ll keep up with the feedings and then slow down on them

Top Shelf Aquatics

Marcus250Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i just did research for a while like a really long time on my anemone and i thought it was a bacterial infection but it turns out it’s actually starving.
so i’m just wondering if there’s anything i can do besides giving him a small pencil sized eraser peice of shrimp a day can i soak it in something that will help or no.
i also know i did a lot of threads on my bta and ik all the questions and stuff i asked but it was a bacterial infection because then it’s mouth would have been gaping all the time but it did gape for the longest time until i started feeding it again and it’s tenticals are now just small nubs.
also i’m gonna put a picture of it from a while ago so far all it’s done was gain some of its color back but the tenticals are still small.

View attachment 1864267
My Anemone is doing exactly this also. Been like it for 2 weeks now. I moved the rock it is on to a location i could see it. Since then it doesn't seem to be happy with its new location. I'm now considering moving it back but don't want to mess to much. Interested to see and read what others suggest on this on

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Anemone is doing exactly this also. Been like it for 2 weeks now. I moved the rock it is on to a location i could see it. Since then it doesn't seem to be happy with its new location. I'm now considering moving it back but don't want to mess to much. Interested to see and read what others suggest on this on
yea i’m thinking about ordering an anemone cup you should check that out if you want too keep it in place

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will google it. Never heard of an anemone cup. I'm new to this hobby and only been it around 5 months. So a lot to learn.
yea the only thing though is if it wants to move it can just walk out of the cup at anytime

footgal

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will google it. Never heard of an anemone cup. I'm new to this hobby and only been it around 5 months. So a lot to learn.
nem boxes work better, I find that they often escape the cups in long-term. I feed my nems every day, but then they are healthy and have been healthy for as long as theyve been in my care. I always love recommending feeding nems, I feel like they just do better with at least weekly feedings.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nem boxes work better, I find that they often escape the cups in long-term. I feed my nems every day, but then they are healthy and have been healthy for as long as theyve been in my care. I always love recommending feeding nems, I feel like they just do better with at least weekly feedings.
do you have a specific thing that you feed your nems and yea i might go with a box but i was gonna go with a cup so it’s not a long term thing

Nutramar Foods

Marcus250Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have a specific thing that you feed your nems and yea i might go with a box but i was gonna go with a cup so it’s not a long term thing
I've got anemone pellets, i've got reef roids, i also got frozen cope pods. I feed my fish the frozen brine shrimp.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got anemone pellets, i've got reef roids, i also got frozen cope pods. I feed my fish the frozen brine shrimp.
i tried to feed mine reef roids it didn’t like it so much but i might try pellets it seems to love frozen shrimp though

footgal

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the LRS foods, since I feed my fish the nano version I just use that. I think it gives them a variety of foods so they don’t get nutrient deficiencies which I would be worried about if I were to feed something like chopped shrimp every day

CLICK TO VIEW

footgal

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i tried to feed mine reef roids it didn’t like it so much but i might try pellets it seems to love frozen shrimp though
Oof yeah reefroids stress them out. They can smell the food but the particles are to small to actually consume. Feeding meaty foods 1/2 the size of the mouth (not oral plate) is the way to go. Any larger than that and it becomes a choking hazard which the coral can actually die from if it’s unable to expel the food

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Allow it to take to tank and tank conditions.
Feed twice per week using mysis shrimp or even a squirt of brine shrimp.
Moderate light and water flow and salinity 1.025 and temp 77-79

Top Shelf Aquatics

Marcus250Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oof yeah reefroids stress them out. They can smell the food but the particles are to small to actually consume. Feeding meaty foods 1/2 the size of the mouth (not oral plate) is the way to go. Any larger than that and it becomes a choking hazard which the coral can actually die from if it’s unable to expel the food
I will stop the reef roids.
Thank you

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the LRS foods, since I feed my fish the nano version I just use that. I think it gives them a variety of foods so they don’t get nutrient deficiencies which I would be worried about if I were to feed something like chopped shrimp every day
yea i decided to go with coral and inverts only i’m thinking about getting a porcelain crab soon when my anemone is all healthy again and yea i was worried about the shrimp too but it really loves it i’ve been feeding really small peices about the size of it mouth part

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i’ve been feeding small bits tomorrow i’m gonna try to feed it mysis shrimp too see how it likes that

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Brite the professionals choice
Back