Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I finally decide to take the dive back into salt when I was younger I had a 75 for about 3 years with moderate success. This time around I am going smaller with a 20gal hexagon that was kicking around my parents basement ( my dad was huge into freshwater so tanks are abundant) .
Currently on week two of cycling using live sand , a couple chunks of live rock and mostly dry rock. As well as Microbacter Start XLM . Excited for my AI prime light to show up although it’s not really going to get turned on quite yet. Super excited to re-enter the saltwater world.
Looking forward to learning from everyone here !

image.jpg image.jpg

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
MN-TinyReefer

MN-TinyReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe my tank is just about cycled.just waiting on nitrites to come down. These are the current readings I am getting with API test kit. I will recheck later this evening when the wife gets home as I’m not the greatest with colors (red green deficient according to the dot test) .

Most likely I will wait till after Christmas or Christmas Weekend to add anything more than the lonely green chromis (who is happy and eating well so it seems) that’s in their currently as long as levels stay consistent and nitrite drops

I am having a bit of trouble keeping water temp where I want it with the 27 gal heater thinking of going up a size so that it can keep up with how cold my house gets at night ( wife and Minnesota related issue )
F6610D31-23B7-4EA4-A885-37EB7D450806.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AFX
Back