Starting to think about stocking

Chikpeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello !

I’m almost ready to start getting fish for QT or already QTed to add to my 90 gallon reef tank!
I’m going to go the softies/lps route, looking for mostly Zoas, torches, frogspawn, mushrooms, and nems so I’d like fish to also stand out amongst the colors. I think I’ll have to add fish before I add inverts because this tank is still too clean to be dumping snails and whatnot in

As of right now the fish in my tank are very bland in appearance outside of the gobies. Only one of my fish really has much of a personality.

Currently housed:
2 adult engineer gobies (18+ inches)
1 adult file fish (picks at new things.)
1 adult cardinal (considering finding him a new home; very peaceful fish but massive and not much going on.)
1 adult peppermint W shrimp (going to catch and remove because coral tank.)
2 emerald crabs
2 hermits in sump.

All I think of so far is a black capped basslet
I do love gobies and everything related to them!

Thank you

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello !

I’m almost ready to start getting fish for QT or already QTed to add to my 90 gallon reef tank!
I’m going to go the softies/lps route, looking for mostly Zoas, torches, frogspawn, mushrooms, and nems so I’d like fish to also stand out amongst the colors. I think I’ll have to add fish before I add inverts because this tank is still too clean to be dumping snails and whatnot in

As of right now the fish in my tank are very bland in appearance outside of the gobies. Only one of my fish really has much of a personality.

Currently housed:
2 adult engineer gobies (18+ inches)
1 adult file fish (picks at new things.)
1 adult cardinal (considering finding him a new home; very peaceful fish but massive and not much going on.)
1 adult peppermint W shrimp (going to catch and remove because coral tank.)
2 emerald crabs
2 hermits in sump.

All I think of so far is a black capped basslet
I do love gobies and everything related to them!

Thank you
For clarification, are you looking for colorful fish, for "bland-colored" fish that stand out against the color of the corals, and/or fish with big personality?

To kind of throw some darts out here (and to give you a bump):

-Midas Blenny
-Zebra Barred Dartfish
-Starry Blenny or Lawnmower Blenny
-Comet/Marine Betta
-Yellow Assessor or Royal Gramma (I'm not sure these would get along together, so I'm recommending them separately)
-Coral Beauty Angelfish
-Barnacle Blennies
-Mandarinfish or a Dragonet
-Clown Gobies
-Shrimp Gobies
-Hector's Goby or Rainford/Court Jester Goby
-Trimma or Eviota Gobies

Tons of different wrasses would work as well (I'd refer you to the wrasse lover's thread for advice on any wrasses though).

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back