Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new sand sifting star as of yesterday. My valentini puffer bit him twice obviously. So I got rid of my puffer. I came home today to see that he lost one leg and the other one got bitten into more. He is still alive.

Other fish I have are, clowns, cardinal fish, scooter blenny, long nose butterfly, powder blue tang, and a mallanarus wrasse. I haven’t seen any of them mess with him. And my butterfly has never even pecked at corals. What would’ve likely bitten him???

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

lilgrounchuck

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new sand sifting star as of yesterday. My valentini puffer bit him twice obviously. So I got rid of my puffer. I came home today to see that he lost one leg and the other one got bitten into more. He is still alive.

Other fish I have are, clowns, cardinal fish, scooter blenny, long nose butterfly, powder blue tang, and a mallanarus wrasse. I haven’t seen any of them mess with him. And my butterfly has never even pecked at corals. What would’ve likely bitten him???
It should just regrow the leg.

Top Shelf Aquatics

lilgrounchuck

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But what is biting it???
No idea, they could all be taking nips at it opportunistically, but fish love em. When I lived in Hawaii if you flipped a rock when diving and grabbed one of the stars under there you could pretty much bring in every fish around you and they'd tear it to bits. I'd put money on either the clowns or the tang though.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Visit Detroit Reef Club
Back