Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got two springeri damsels from Dr Reef, fully treated and quarantined. One came in with a little cloudy eye so i decided to put them into my small 13g frag tank instead of my 20g IM Nuvo just to keep under observation. Well the eye healed but today I saw this. White lips that look like an injury?

You can see the behavior of the bigger one constantly darting at the one with white lips. Would you suspect this to be fighting related?

I'd move one over to my 20g but I'm not confident they are healthy and don't want to introduce anything to my peaceful yellow clown goby and firefish in there, but I also don't want them fighting to the death. Thoughts?

Last edited:

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two in my 90 gallon. They seem to have staked out territories at each end of the tank. I think that 1 per about 40-50 gallons is the limit. I've seen them chase each other but never actually fight. It would help if you could catch them both and put them in separate tanks for a few weeks then put the back into the big tank at the same time. This ight let them bot establish some territory while being equally stressed.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories
Back