Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rock that is starting to show green spots - this rock is an island on its own and my thought is to remove it from the tank and using an eye dropper, target each of the green spots with 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. I'm not sure however if the algae will be eradicated on contact with the peroxide instantaneously, or would it need a certain amount of time?

My plan was to spot treat, do a quick rinse with aquarium water, and put it back in the tank - all within a few minutes.

I welcome any feedback with regards.

Thanks

Nutramar Foods

HankstankXXXL750

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you have for clean up crew?

How old is tank?

Taking action may or may not be needed. I believe the contact will pretty much kill it. I would use a toothbrush after rinsing to remove as much as possible so it doesn’t die off in tank. Some people use a stings or baster and treat in tank. But better if you can remove. Don’t treat too much in tank if you ever have to. Just small areas at a time with a few hours in between.

OP
OP
R

RaymondL

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you have for clean up crew?

How old is tank?

Taking action may or may not be needed. I believe the contact will pretty much kill it. I would use a toothbrush after rinsing to remove as much as possible so it doesn’t die off in tank. Some people use a stings or baster and treat in tank. But better if you can remove. Don’t treat too much in tank if you ever have to. Just small areas at a time with a few hours in between.
I have Trochus and Cerith snails at the moment - that's it. Tank is 5 months old. I was just thinking, maybe the green spots are the start of Coralline algae? In that case, I would want, and would not want to kill off.

FreshSaltH2o

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do a 5 min 3 % dip on zoa frags covered in hair algae and it eliminates any green and bubbles nice.
Money Pennies GIF by Ashlyn Anstee

HankstankXXXL750

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Trochus and Cerith snails at the moment - that's it. Tank is 5 months old. I was just thinking, maybe the green spots are the start of Coralline algae? In that case, I would want, and would not want to kill off.
Your snails should keep up with any GHA. IMO I wouldn’t take any action unless it looks like it is going to get out of control. Better to let nature take its course. Just keep an eye on it and take action if it looks like it is going to grow out of control.

Just my 2 cents worth.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't kill instantly. In fact algae takes a few days to bleach out if it works. Don't expect bubbling either, it looks like nothing happens but algae usually bleaches shortly after

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Diaper
Back