View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JUST noticed a spot on my Blonde Naso.
4A615298-7FE0-463B-A5A9-19E5C767BFC5.jpeg

It is raised and looks a bit like a piece of sand.
B11FCFBC-6F2B-46C4-96FB-A3C813F9B2FC.jpeg

I’ve had him since June 2018, no issues - healthy, eats “well” (he’s a greedy pig and I worry that maybe he’s getting fat.) Poop is normal (copious, green and “solid”). All other fish look ok.

This is my big “puppy” fish that won’t let me look at anything else in the tank without sticking himself in front of me, so I KNOW it is new.

I’m also a relative newbie, so feel free to explain anything like I’m an idiot.

Top Shelf Aquatics

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t tell but it doesn’t look too serious. Perhaps it’s a fluke but it may also be lympho. If it stays for more than a day or so without moving location it’s probably lympho or a small injury that will heal. I would not worry.

Lympho is a virus but very rarely fatal. It worsens then clears up on its own. Clean water and good nutrition are about all you can do.

My blonde naso I had for years “Cow” was named because she was as fat as a cow. She HATED me though. At first sight would hide and never emerge. Only for me, my wife and kids and friends she was out for. I don’t know what the deal was but she challenged my understanding of fish intelligence.

I lost her to a power outage on vacation. I have a new blonde naso in quarantine for my 500 G I hope HE isn’t such a 4FordFamily hater! :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Globalbutterfly

Globalbutterfly

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I’ll keep an eye on it but that makes me feel better.
“Freddie” is the star of the tank, always center stage, demanding all the attention. He’s also the big gentle giant that kinda mellows out my wrasses. Until the spirullina pellets come out - then it’s “Mine! Mine! Mine! and that one too!!!”

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I’ll keep an eye on it but that makes me feel better.
“Freddie” is the star of the tank, always center stage, demanding all the attention. He’s also the big gentle giant that kinda mellows out my wrasses. Until the spirullina pellets come out - then it’s “Mine! Mine! Mine! and that one too!!!”
They’re great aggression equalizers. They like to be boss but they’re not aggressive, just don’t tolerate aggression from others.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock and Live Sand
Back