Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question gor you guys. I picked up a 6 inch slimmer on a rock it encrusted and its not exactly fit for the aquascape. So with room in the sandbed I placed it there with only one concern, low light. Its getting 85par in that spot. Now its beautiful and I want to keep it there because its that or unfortunately fet rid of it. I dont want to cut it off the rock or anything and ive noticed over the last few months its losing color. With water chemistry being on point it has to be a light issue. Is it a stupid idea to get a kessil A500X with the focus lense just for that spot? What do you guys think? It has a depth of 4 ft with that light.

Avast
OP
OP
Wayofthereef

Wayofthereef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't know how much the coral is worth to justify a separate light, but yes - you could augment the lighting.
Thats hilarious now that I've already purchased a kessil 360x a 90° gooseneck attachment the focus lense a dongle and... 700$ later you absolutely crushed my thoughts for this 40$ slimmer but hey its gonna look cool ‍♂️

BRS

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats hilarious now that I've already purchased a kessil 360x a 90° gooseneck attachment the focus lense a dongle and... 700$ later you absolutely crushed my thoughts for this 40$ slimmer but hey its gonna look cool ‍♂️
Hey man, I have four Radion G5s that are basically showcasing mushrooms, zoas and anemones... :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
Wayofthereef

Wayofthereef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Especially since I've basically created "mood lighting" for the 50 or so odd fish in my tank (I think they outnumber corals at this point).
Dude i have like 500$ worth of fish in my cart right now at live aquaria. I was like back away from the computer.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back