+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Long story short had a glass of lemon juice ready to zap apisrasia but spilt half a glass down the side of/into my aquarium not sure of the exact amount

imediatly stoped the pumps and changed as much water as I had to hand mixed (mixing more now) and changed out 10 litres of a 32 gallon tank siphoning from where the juice was spilt ph has rapidly dropped 0.2 to 7.9 and still dropping using previous seneye readings as reference should be at around 8.1

Alk test is at 6 usually at 8 seneye also now detecting amonia at 0.005. Have prime on hand as also have freshwater tanks, have dosed to bind any amonia

any suggestions on what to apreciated?

Definitly switching to apistasia x from now on

Edit: ph bottomed out at 7.86 has now rebounded to 7.87 and amonia down to 0.003, nems hammer and grape coral look upset scold looks ok but has not extended sweepers for feeding al other corals look normal, doesn’t help that this happed 30 minutes before lights out.

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods

Garf

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Long story short had a glass of lemon juice ready to zap apisrasia but spilt half a glass down the side of/into my aquarium not sure of the exact amount

imediatly stoped the pumps and changed as much water as I had to hand mixed (mixing more now) and changed out 10 litres of a 32 gallon tank siphoning from where the juice was spilt ph has rapidly dropped 0.2 to 7.9 and still dropping using previous seneye readings as reference should be at around 8.1

Alk test is at 6 usually at 8 seneye also now detecting amonia at 0.005. Have prime on hand as also have freshwater tanks, have dosed to bind any amonia

any suggestions on what to apreciated?

Definitly switching to apistasia x from now on

Edit: ph bottomed out at 7.86 has now rebounded to 7.87 and amonia down to 0.003, nems hammer and grape coral look upset scold looks ok but has not extended sweepers for feeding al other corals look normal, doesn’t help that this happed 30 minutes before lights out.
I think you’ll probably be ok. I don’t think lemon juice is very effective on Aips, from what I’ve heard anyway.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that something like this would not usually be expected to be a big problem. :)

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pacific East
Back