Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would appreciate assistance. I am wonder what the spectrum peaks (nm) are for the 7 channels of my Hydra 26: UV, Violet, Royal Blue, Blue, Green, Red and Cool White
Where am I going with this? I am trying to be logical with my decisions as to which channels to emphasize. Thank you

oreo54

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would appreciate assistance. I am wonder what the spectrum peaks (nm) are for the 7 channels of my Hydra 26: UV, Violet, Royal Blue, Blue, Green, Red and Cool White
Where am I going with this? I am trying to be logical with my decisions as to which channels to emphasize. Thank you
Haven't found any "real world" useable spectrums but you can piece some info together.
Thing is nm peak changes by "bin" and "lot" variations so "exact" nm can really only be determined by your light..

hydrahd26.JPG

Example for CREE xp-E2 blue
520-535 xp-e2green ect...just look at the data the data sheets.
You guesses will be close enough for the most part.
creexpe2blue.jpg

450-465 Xree XT-e Royal blue

Hooz

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The AI lights are easy... Turn all the blue channels up, the red and green low, then add as much (or as little) white as you need to get the look you like. The BRS AB+ settings are a pretty good place to start. Then it's just a matter of dialing in the intensity to hit the PAR levels you need for what you plan to grow.

If you haven't already, watch this. It will get you started down the right path.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Inkbird
Back