Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I have been running a SpectraPure® MaxCap® Standard 90GPD RO/DI System -MC-RODI-90-10 for quite a while now (over 15 years). I have always bought the SpectraPure® MaxCap® RO/DI High Capacity Replacement Filter Kit -FK-MCRODI-HC when replacing the cartridges'.

Is there an alternative to the SpectraPure brand that would replace each of the different filters with the same results as the SpectraPure brand ?

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

wcharon

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest i once changed their filters with another brand and wasn't satisfied with the quality as they clogged faster.

After that i stayed with there brand quality filters. Actually i buy directly from them and buy 2 of them each each year and change them at 6 months.

In my case shipping is less going that route. Hoe that helps.

OP
OP
Dan McNertney

Dan McNertney

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It helps. I have always bought direct from Spectrapure for over 15 years. I will likely continue to do so. Just wanted to check other alternative is any at all.

Edit: their customer service is hands down the best.

Nutramar Foods

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another user that orders directly from Spectrapure. I used to get them from Marine Depot
Same on both. I'm waiting for an order of replacement filters to come tomorrow from SpectraPure. I thought about trying the replacement filters from BRS, but hesitated.

ReefGrammie

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I have been running a SpectraPure® MaxCap® Standard 90GPD RO/DI System -MC-RODI-90-10 for quite a while now (over 15 years). I have always bought the SpectraPure® MaxCap® RO/DI High Capacity Replacement Filter Kit -FK-MCRODI-HC when replacing the cartridges'.

Is there an alternative to the SpectraPure brand that would replace each of the different filters with the same results as the SpectraPure brand ?
I'm glad you asked this question! I have the same unit and have purchased those same filters for almost 10 years. I think I'll stick with the SpectraPure replacements.

BRS

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tried others but I found the spectrapure to last longer and be superior as advertised.

DHill6

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am chatting with Customer service as we speak. They are sold out of both the high capacity and the standard kits. I am working with them to piece together something that will work. Stay tuned.
Last time I ordered I had to down grade one since what I usually use was out of stock. I change everything including membrane once a year regardless if they’re good or not. Seems to keep a 0 ending for me.
are they having a restocking problem ? I noticed when I bought mine they were out of quite a few filters. That was months ago.

BRS

ReefGrammie

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. They are telling me due to the holiday sale, they are out of a few items.

I ordered my replacements a few weeks ago on Cyber Monday, so that would make sense. I'm still waiting to receive them, but got an email this week that mine were shipped. I need to plan better in the future. I didn't catch my TDS creeping up until recently!

Top Shelf Aquatics

trmiv

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you happen to have a link to those filters ?
I usually use this kit

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Top Shelf Aquatics
Back