Spectrapure high shipping costs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rrcompton22

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m about to order a 5 stage RODI and it’s between Spectrapure (which I had in the last) and the BRS. I was set to buy the Spectrapure but when checking out shipping was $91 to Florida?

Has anyone here purchased a new RODI from Spectrapure recently? If so was shipping this much? I have a email into Spectrapure to ask if the shipping quote was correct.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. The free shipping is only on select items, and those items have to add up to the amount that is quoted for free shipping.

IMO Spectrapure has gone downhill. I have been using them for about 15 years and they have become increasingly difficult to do business with. I am currently starting to use BRS to get resupplies.

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. The free shipping is only on select items, and those items have to add up to the amount that is quoted for free shipping.

IMO Spectrapure has gone downhill. I have been using them for about 15 years and they have become increasingly difficult to do business with. I am currently starting to use BRS to get resupplies.
are u using BRS filters in a specutra pure?

OP
OP
rrcompton22

rrcompton22

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see they offer free shipping over $75 but that was for filters.

BRS it is.

Spectrapure filters will fit in the BRS unit though right? I’m pretty sure I read they do but just double checking for when the times comes.

FishDaddy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I do. I still like the filters. Probably just trust the name as a gold standard from years back. Also, spectrapure has .5 micron sediment filters which is harder to find elsewhere. I asked BRS why they don't carry. They said they clog too fast. I prefer to remove more out and don't find myself replacing too often. I'm making about 100 gallons every two weeks.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are u using BRS filters in a specutra pure?
Not yet I haven't used the last of my Spectrapure stuff yet. I have the GE high flow pre-filters coming in and just received my mixed bed resin from BRS. I haven't gotten the carbon block stuff yet but I will.

I am seriously considering doing the dual bed DI, but BRS doesn't have a 4 position bracket, so for now I am staying with mixed bed.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I do. I still like the filters. Probably just trust the name as a gold standard from years back. Also, spectrapure has .5 micron sediment filters which is harder to find elsewhere. I asked BRS why they don't carry. They said they clog too fast. I prefer to remove more out and don't find myself replacing too often. I'm making about 100 gallons every two weeks.
FWIW when I replaced most of my cast piping in my house with PEX my TDS went from 175 to 135.

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you from nyc too ? 0.5 is recommended for nyc so I have heard

FishDaddy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope I just try to get pure water as I can. Alot of money in corals. So if one let's half the sediment through sounds goox to me. Also use silicate buster and one mixed bed. Same reason.

Montiman

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Spectrapure.2 Zetazorb. You can always purchase direct from Spectrapure’s website. I am blessed with them being local where I can pick up. At least before COVID.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Innovative Marine - Made to Order
Back