Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What invert, fish or maybe even coral has spawned/bred in your tank?

I’ll start first with… Pink Streaked Wrasses!
To my surprise last night when I saw the pink streaks 2-3 hours after feeding the female was fat and looked as though she was going to explode, I believe she’s laid the eggs this morning but I have so much rock to the point it’s hard to know.
56BED8B6-EA1E-48E7-BFE3-70B372AE1FCB.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has she slimmed down this morning? I don't know if I would say she looks pregnant, but certainly chunky in that pic. Much chunkier then her tank mate anyways.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has she slimmed down this morning? I don't know if I would say she looks pregnant, but certainly chunky in that pic. Much chunkier then her tank mate anyways.
She was incredibly fat yesterday, she still has some fat but it’s the normal amount now. Yesterday it was as if she was going to explode.
The photo isn’t the best and she was much fatter than seen in the photo.
Both of the Pinkstreaks have vanished and I’ve only seen their eyes this morning when they’re generally out and about all day. I have also noticed what I’d say is spawning behaviour with this pair a few months ago but it’s always at night so it’s rare I see it.

Top Shelf Aquatics

homer1475

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well pictures certainly don't do them justice, but seeing as you see them every day, you would know best.

With a mandarin though, you may never see that egg clutch. My mandarin LOVES fish eggs, and would routinely sneak in and eat my clowns eggs when I still had a breeding pair.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well pictures certainly don't do them justice, but seeing as you see them every day, you would know best.

With a mandarin though, you may never see that egg clutch. My mandarin LOVES fish eggs, and would routinely sneak in and eat my clowns eggs when I still had a breeding pair.
Definitely, I just think of it as a sign that the mandarin can have an extra food source and that fish are thriving. If I ever do try to keep the young alive I don’t know what I’d even do because it’s an already small species.

homer1475

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah not sure if anyone has "aquacultured"(I know not the right term, but it's 3am and I'm not quite awake yet, and the word escapes me) pink streaks yet or not?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah not sure if anyone has "aquacultured"(I know not the right term, but it's 3am and I'm not quite awake yet, and the word escapes me) pink streaks yet or not?
I don’t believe pink streaks have been Captive bred yet but the breeding is unlikely to be the hard part. It’s the young that will be a PITA.

homer1475

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rearing the fry, and then the young is always the tough part. With the invention of TDO chromoboost, and it's tiny sizes for fry, many of the fish we never could breed, we can now. As you said the actual process is the easy part, it's the rearing of the fry thats always the hard part.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rearing the fry, and then the young is always the tough part. With the invention of TDO chromoboost, and it's tiny sizes for fry, many of the fish we never could breed, we can now. As you said the actual process is the easy part, it's the rearing of the fry thats always the hard part.
I think it’s something I’ll certainly work on, maybe not with this pair but I doubt I’ll ever go back to keeping single specimens of pinkies.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Top Shelf Aquatics
Back