Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help!! I have had my zoas for about 2 weeks now. For the first week they were doing great, opened right away, polyps fully open and great color. One day they just suddenly didn’t open one morning and have not opened for a week and a half now. I am really worried because I have searched everywhere about everything I could possibly think of and nothings wrong.
PH: 8.0
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites:0
Nitrates: a little under 10

image.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It appears your tank is new and not quite ready for stocking and being a non-aged tank, those zeros tell me you are using an API test kit which is notorious for giving false readings.

They do best under moderate light and water flow in a stable and balanced tank.
Temp 77-79
salinity 1.025
ph 8.0-8.3
nitrate < .04
phosphate < .04
Ammonia < .03

BRS

Legendary Corals

Vendor Extraordinair
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone's chimed in with some great suggestions! One thing I did notice is that it's sitting on the sand bed. I'd placing it onto your rock scape where it can receive more flow and not be bothered with the sand. You can go to the dollar store and purchase some super glue gel (look for the one that is made of cyanoacrylate), or if you want to play it safe purchase some reef glue (BSI is a great brand).

Bepis

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone's chimed in with some great suggestions! One thing I did notice is that it's sitting on the sand bed. I'd placing it onto your rock scape where it can receive more flow and not be bothered with the sand. You can go to the dollar store and purchase some super glue gel (look for the one that is made of cyanoacrylate), or if you want to play it safe purchase some reef glue (BSI is a great brand).
What I was alluding to when I said what lights do you have on the tank... I was kinda wondering if maybe he placed it farther down because it want doing well, also because I don’t know what size tank it is/shape. If it’s a frag tank like height it shouldn’t too bad to have it there but there are so many questions that he hasn’t even answered. Weird asking for help then not answering those trying to...:(
Perhaps he is at work but who knows

Top Shelf Aquatics

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help!! I have had my zoas for about 2 weeks now. For the first week they were doing great, opened right away, polyps fully open and great color. One day they just suddenly didn’t open one morning and have not opened for a week and a half now. I am really worried because I have searched everywhere about everything I could possibly think of and nothings wrong.
PH: 8.0
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites:0
Nitrates: a little under 10

View attachment 2001977
Welcome!

whale GIF

Nutramar Foods
Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tenecor Aquariums
Back