Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been struggling to mount my Vortech MP-40 dry side motors to my tank to keep them from falling off. I have use 3M stick on zip ties around the cord stuck to the top of the rim, but they always lose adhesion and fall off within a day or two no matter how well I clean the rim before sticking them.

Has anybody found a better solution?

Thanks,
Ray

AS

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 mp40 and 2 mp10 (separate tanks) and the only time they fall off is if I hit them. I'm not using anything but the magnets. I use the included cord mounts and have had to use a knife to pry them off when I have wanted remove them. Are you using the correct spacer? How thick is your glass?

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
raylinds

raylinds

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't very clear. The dry side is not just randomly falling, only if it gets bumped, but I would feel better if they were securely mounted to the aquarium. Maybe it is the material my rim, but the adhesive won't stick. Even the lightweight ATO tube comes unstuck after a few days.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are asking what size tank you have and what spacer you are using to keep them connected. Maybe the easy solution is to use the 1/2" spacer which is just a sticky pad and see if that resolves issue. Especially if glass is 3/4" thick

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might help. You can probably make a 3d printed one as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220904-074545_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220904-074545_Chrome.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 42
Nutramar Foods

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't very clear. The dry side is not just randomly falling, only if it gets bumped, but I would feel better if they were securely mounted to the aquarium. Maybe it is the material my rim, but the adhesive won't stick. Even the lightweight ATO tube comes unstuck after a few days.
Try to the glass it will stick much better

OP
OP
raylinds

raylinds

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 mp40 and 2 mp10 (separate tanks) and the only time they fall off is if I hit them. I'm not using anything but the magnets. I use the included cord mounts and have had to use a knife to pry them off when I have wanted remove them. Are you using the correct spacer? How thick is your glass?

They are asking what size tank you have and what spacer you are using to keep them connected. Maybe the easy solution is to use the 1/2" spacer which is just a sticky pad and see if that resolves issue. Especially if glass is 3/4" thick
I answered that the problem is not the dry side falling off randomly so the question is moot. I have the proper spacer. My question was about attaching the cord.

Top Shelf Aquatics

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a longspine urchin sticks his spines into a Vortech and stalls the wet side the dry side will jump off the tank. The same if a snail crawls inside and gets jammed. I have watched it happen.

The tabs that came with my pumps failed when the black plastic piece you put the cable tie into pulled off the double sided foam still stuck to the rim.

A little j shaped hook that slipped over the rim and faced out to put the cord into would be ideal

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a longspine urchin sticks his spines into a Vortech and stalls the wet side the dry side will jump off the tank. The same if a snail crawls inside and gets jammed. I have watched it happen.

The tabs that came with my pumps failed when the black plastic piece you put the cable tie into pulled off the double sided foam still stuck to the rim.

A little j shaped hook that slipped over the rim and faced out to put the cord into would be ideal
Yeah it does happen, it's a loud thud of regret. mp40s are great NO WIRES IN THE TANK yay!!! But you gotta have the dry side ziptied to the glass with commercial style sticky backs or else lol :)

AquaCave Logo Banner
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Your Reef
Back