+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=8487467#post8487467

i used to get alot of solomon island zoanthids.. i've stopped getting corals from that region due to the small polyp size and the amount of pests that come along with them. nothing against the zoas that come from that region. the colors are very very nice that come from that area. it's just when i got my corals in, i'd spend literally 6-8 hours checking for pests on them... ranging from these little nasties... (they hide at the base of the polyp also!! and are extremely tiny!!) sundials and nudis. it was painfully exhausting to make sure our customers got a clean product everytime there are new arrivals.

since there are particular zoa morph spotlights.. shouldn't there be pest spotlights also? or a sticky on them.. i'm sure there are alot of newbies that don't know what to look 4. just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Corals.com

Zeppelin

unregistered
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Solomon zoos have always been bad for nudis, sundials and spiders. Not really anything new there. I've gotten Solomon stuff for over 5 years now, and have always had to take extra care with them. Sure wish the island shippers would institute a regiment of freshwater dipping when they first come in from the boats, and another freshwater dip right before they ship to the wholesalers. It would at least minimize SOME of the stuff.

OP
OP
Marine Flora

Marine Flora

marine planted tanks
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zepp, As a vendor.. i'm sure you've seen them plenty. This post is for some of the newbies that don't know what they are. The new hobbyists should be educated on what to look out for when they get coral from the wild.

"Sure wish the island shippers would institute a regiment of freshwater dipping when they first come in from the boats, and another freshwater dip right before they ship to the wholesalers. It would at least minimize SOME of the stuff."

Agreed.

When i was a new hobbyist buying from a local vendor and saw nudis... I asked him if those were the infamous nudi's. He squished it and responded with no, "Nudi's are HARD". When I got home, I did alot of research on nudi's and found out they were indeed nudi's. That was the last time he got my business.

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics

czieler

Reefin' Girl
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted about those a week or two ago...ppl said they weren't eating the zoos...but if they weren't doing that...they were at least aggravating them so they didn't open...we picked them all off...and most of them came back after a week ...

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Innovative Marine - Made to Order
Back