Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the IM 15g lol... didnt use it yet because i forgot about black friday sale so i decided to wait to see if there are good deals

black friday came and got a 20g fusion pro kit for $50 more for an extra 5gal comparing to the 15g and add the same equipment (pump, lid etc) so i thought it a no brainer decision...I sold the 15g for the same money, no loss for me.. it would be my one and done tank because I live in a small condo

So I was thinking of the additional equipment and thought of getting the IM uv light, IM reactor and IM skimmer

Is there a better and/or cheaper option comparing to the ones I listed above

BRS

penguinexdeus

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the IM 15g lol... didnt use it yet because i forgot about black friday sale so i decided to wait to see if there are good deals

black friday came and got a 20g fusion pro kit for $50 more for an extra 5gal comparing to the 15g and add the same equipment (pump, lid etc) so i thought it a no brainer decision...I sold the 15g for the same money, no loss for me.. it would be my one and done tank because I live in a small condo

So I was thinking of the additional equipment and thought of getting the IM uv light, IM reactor and IM skimmer

Is there a better and/or cheaper option comparing to the ones I listed above

I've used the reactor and skimmer on my IM25 lagoon. Reactor works pretty well, just be prepared to swap out media frequently as I find it clogs up after a week or two. Don't bother with the IM skimmer - it worked great for about a month and then after 4 months or so the pump died on it. Took it apart to clean and it wasn't dirty... Just literally died. I went to a hang on back skimmer after. I have the UV also but haven't used it yet.

OP
OP
T

The Deaf Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used the reactor and skimmer on my IM25 lagoon. Reactor works pretty well, just be prepared to swap out media frequently as I find it clogs up after a week or two. Don't bother with the IM skimmer - it worked great for about a month and then after 4 months or so the pump died on it. Took it apart to clean and it wasn't dirty... Just literally died. I went to a hang on back skimmer after. I have the UV also but haven't used it yet.
Oh that suck that the skimmer died.. what skimmer did u end up using to replace?

CLICK TO VIEW

Acros

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The only way to control flow through the IM UV is to control the return pump. That could get tricky.

I would start with basics, the pro kit comes with everything you need except heater, powerhead and lights. Get Eheim heaters and put it in the second chamber (that chamber keeps water level same all the time, avoiding any heater failure/cracking). Consider jebao MLW line of powerheads (the only other better powerhead are the ecotech ones, for the convenience of cleaning). As for lights, you will be spoiled with choice for any kind of coral you want to keep.

OP
OP
T

The Deaf Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way to control flow through the IM UV is to control the return pump. That could get tricky.

I would start with basics, the pro kit comes with everything you need except heater, powerhead and lights. Get Eheim heaters and put it in the second chamber (that chamber keeps water level same all the time, avoiding any heater failure/cracking). Consider jebao MLW line of powerheads (the only other better powerhead are the ecotech ones, for the convenience of cleaning). As for lights, you will be spoiled with choice for any kind of coral you want to keep.
Should I get the IM reactor at least? Boxing day sale 15% off

What watt heater? 100w?

What about tunze 6020 powerhead?

Yeah.... light too much info and cost to make a decision on lol

Acros

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Should I get the IM reactor at least? Boxing day sale 15% off

What watt heater? 100w?

What about tunze 6020 powerhead?

Yeah.... light too much info and cost to make a decision on lol
Yes to the reactor. You might not need it right away, but nice to have. both desktop and medium sizes will work for that tank.

I use 2x 50w heaters in my IM25. It’s nice to have a fail safe in case one fails. 100w is more than enough. Note: Make sure the heater fits in your back chamber, that was another motivation to get 2 smaller heaters.

I have no experience using tunze powerheads.

Avast
OP
OP
T

The Deaf Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes to the reactor. You might not need it right away, but nice to have. both desktop and medium sizes will work for that tank.

I use 2x 50w heaters in my IM25. It’s nice to have a fail safe in case one fails. 100w is more than enough. Note: Make sure the heater fits in your back chamber, that was another motivation to get 2 smaller heaters.

I have no experience using tunze powerheads.
Yeah just noticed 100w is a bit long... the height of the tank is 13"

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
First Choice
Back