+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! ^.^

I'm new, and just read the noobie welcome dm so I thought I'd say hi! I joined last night (though I've lurked frequently during the last year or so of the progression of my reef, to read and learn!) after going to shop on WWC and discovering the witch craft that is the live sale ^OO^ SHOUT OUT to Ev and Zach, I hope you got your quest corals! Maybe I'll make my first official topic a share of the title haul I managed to snag before my wifi made the ultimate betrayal.

Anywho, hi! I currently have a 150 gallon mixed reef display, 10 gallon tabletop nano and various 10-20's laying about for qt/hospital and most currently, delving into building a frag tank!

Super excited to hang about others who are into the fishy stuffs and have common interests! I shall go drool over the showcase pics now ^.^

xx
Lay

AS

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the madness! Oh the live sales are so much fun. I blew my budget for the month a week or so back on one. But still managed to pop in and out to see what Fire they had up for grabs. :itch itch itch: Need more corals. :itch itch itch:

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Layllah

Layllah

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! noobie?! you have more tanks than 50% of the ppl here myself included.
I'm only a year in and I still feel as if I've barely scratched the surface! There's always like another dosing chem or new equipment I find out about week to week :confused: A couple tanks are products of a lesson learned-scenario i.e.- QT MAN.
Q
T
^.^
Im hoping I'm not getting too much going, but it's SO hard to stop! The originally jacuzzi-tub looking 150 filled up fast y'all :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Layllah

Layllah

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the madness! Oh the live sales are so much fun. I blew my budget for the month a week or so back on one. But still managed to pop in and out to see what Fire they had up for grabs. :itch itch itch: Need more corals. :itch itch itch:
Seriously I don't even want to check my balance right now! Imma just put it into the 'justifiable necessary evil' or 'emergency spending' category on the budget, alongside gaming addictions!

Now for the serious question... I work from home and own a small biz, and the tank IS necessary/central to my happiness... ergo, the IRS has to let me write off new corals as a business necessity, yea?! :p Where my CPAs at lawwwl

OP
OP
Layllah

Layllah

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! We are excellent enablers for your addiction. :cool:
I'm so excited to get to be around other junkies! I sort of fell into this and no one in my circle keeps reefs so I try to keep coral convo to a minimum lol :D the basics just don't get us!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL ROTF
Welcome to the regular forums, Did you win anything? Please feel free to members ask for help and also post your question in the forums. Watch, this gets results. #reefsquad will bring in the crew if you need the help of a dedicated group that will help you through your needs.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously I don't even want to check my balance right now! Imma just put it into the 'justifiable necessary evil' or 'emergency spending' category on the budget, alongside gaming addictions!

Now for the serious question... I work from home and own a small biz, and the tank IS necessary/central to my happiness... ergo, the IRS has to let me write off new corals as a business necessity, yea?! :p Where my CPAs at lawwwl

I got a lecture about that from the accountant/Miss. My suggestion is withdraw cash and use your personal account to purchase. You can only place things so much that have WWC, BRS, etc before the red flags fly.;)

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome! I still havent figured out if working from home is good or bad when it comes to reefing... good that we can enjoy our tanks quite a bit. Bad in that i never seem to stop tinkering with things as im always near my tank.

Im also less than a year in and have more than one tank. Not sure i could handle another. I could always go bigger but from a maintenace perspective two's the sweet spot for me.

BRS
OP
OP
Layllah

Layllah

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL ROTF
Welcome to the regular forums, Did you win anything? Please feel free to members ask for help and also post your question in the forums. Watch, this gets results. #reefsquad will bring in the crew if you need the help of a dedicated group that will help you through your needs.
I HAVE A SQUAD?! :):):)

I did! I snagged a Dino chalice and Bob Marleys at $5s, and rounded those out with a Magis zoo for $10 and some pretty in pinks! Then I splurged on the 4 random frag pack sale and grabbed that Tan Lady Lepto on the aftersale code :oops:

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Layllah!

My name is Bruce, and I have a reefing problem . . .

Jsker's right about that hashtag . . .

Similar to yourself, I've been back in marine aquaria for just over a year - and like yourself, nobody in my day-to-day circle even keeps fish. (My weekend job ... well, that's a bit different. That's all _about_ fish.) So, I come here. I come here ... kind of a lot. To solve problems, to feed the addiction, to bathe in the waters of like minds.

Well come.

~Bruce

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and thanks for not stalking anymore...lol. As you've so quickly discovered, it's an addiction so you might as well get used to it.

Nutramar Foods

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some one say reef squad?? Lol the call goes out and we show up! Anything you need the reef squad can help answer your questions! Welcome to the addiction!! :p

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Hanna
Back