Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I use it yearly as a after care for my tank, what id like to know is I keep feather dusters will this kill them?

Are you thinking of Fluke-Solve or Fluke-Solve +? The former is just 50% praziquantel, and people have reported no ill effects with feather dusters and this (although that still worries me a bit). The latter has two other ingredients, and I don't know what reaction they will cause.

I'm not sure why you would dose this on an annual basis though. It is best to dose twice, 8 days apart at 2.2 ppm praziquantel activity in order to try and catch any unhatched fluke eggs left after the first dose. A yearly schedule would just allow those eggs to hatch and infect the fish, possibly growing to a severe infection again long before a year's time is up.

Jay

OP
OP
M

MarineLunatic

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you thinking of Fluke-Solve or Fluke-Solve +? The former is just 50% praziquantel, and people have reported no ill effects with feather dusters and this (although that still worries me a bit). The latter has two other ingredients, and I don't know what reaction they will cause.

I'm not sure why you would dose this on an annual basis though. It is best to dose twice, 8 days apart at 2.2 ppm praziquantel activity in order to try and catch any unhatched fluke eggs left after the first dose. A yearly schedule would just allow those eggs to hatch and infect the fish, possibly growing to a severe infection again long before a year's time is up.

Jay
Thanks buddy its just for well being of all the fish internal parasites and what not and I was referring to just the normal fluke solve so best is to dose in 8 days apart if treating for fluke?

Avast

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks buddy its just for well being of all the fish internal parasites and what not and I was referring to just the normal fluke solve so best is to dose in 8 days apart if treating for fluke?

Yes - you want to break the life cycle if the flukes are egg layers. Dose twice, 8 days apart with really good aeration. Run your skimmer, but don't collect the skimmate. Remove any carbon filtration. I add extra air stones to the tank for the first 3 days after each treatmnet.

Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you so much how many times should I dose fluke solve in your opinion thanks
Twice I think. Sometimes, the life cycle of the flukes still isn’t broken, so some people do 3 treatments.
Jay

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
M

MarineLunatic

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Twice I think. Sometimes, the life cycle of the flukes still isn’t broken, so some people do 3 treatments.
Jay
Do you recommend a water change if so how much percentage wise and when after the treatment thanks again

@Jay Hemdal

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you recommend a water change if so how much percentage wise and when after the treatment thanks again

@Jay Hemdal

Typically, people change 25% of the water prior to the second or third treatments. This is not to remove excess medication (as that gets broken down by bacteria) but rather, to remove excess nutrients produced by the bacteria.

Jay

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
M

MarineLunatic

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typically, people change 25% of the water prior to the second or third treatments. This is not to remove excess medication (as that gets broken down by bacteria) but rather, to remove excess nutrients produced by the bacteria.

Jay
thank you so much for your help :)

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
LA
Back