Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I've had this tank (bought used) for about a year... I'm currently fighting a GHA breakout again and every time I use a turkey baster to know some dead stuff off I see this stuff.. not sure what the heck it is.. they are not bubbles... Since i'm also fighting high phosphates, could this be the cause?? I have IM25 and the rock and substrate are all from caribb sea.. Many Thanks..

20220711_162855.jpg
20230330_134353.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

HankstankXXXL750

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible that you have Cyanobacteria or dinoflagellates? In first picture it appears you have air bubbles trapped in the Algea?

fluffing that with a Turkey baster could cause a release of air bubbles. If it is not air, it could just be sediments being released into the water column.

OP
OP
mrjoe

mrjoe

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible that you have Cyanobacteria or dinoflagellates? In first picture it appears you have air bubbles trapped in the Algea?

fluffing that with a Turkey baster could cause a release of air bubbles. If it is not air, it could just be sediments being released into the water column.
thanks for the quick reply... I guess it could be sediment but not sure from what.. always something with this hobby that's for sure..

AquaCave Logo Banner

Stupidkitty84

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the quick reply... I guess it could be sediment but not sure from what.. always something with this hobby that's for sure..
What do you mean? You will always have sediment in your tank (in/on the rocks, in/on sandbed, on corals, on glass, in/on equipment, etc). Every once in a while, at time of water change, you should blow the detritus (aka sediment) from your rocks just before siphoning out water.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Coral Frenzy
Back