Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bro, allot of people don't understand how money works. You can't explain taxes to people who file 1040-EZ.
This was from a company insider so idk if its right or wrong just what i was told from someone that works with brs

Nutramar Foods

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its still going today.. its not a salt sale directly, just 50% off repeat order.. limit $20, aka 1 box... so order a box (free ship) then cancel the repeat immediately. I have done their repeat promos before and it still worked for me. I suppose you could use multiple emails to get more.. maybe?
Same as Amazon. I buy stuff all the time when they have a great sale price if you setup repeat orders. As soon as I get it I cancel the repeat order part and then wait for it to go onsale again. They have never flagged me for doing this.

TheyGaveItToMe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They aren’t paying more than 20-30 cents per box
I work for a super mega corporation as a packaging machine maintenance tech, we can't get a cardboard tray for 20-30 cents. It isn't even possible to manufacture a box that cheap.

Nutramar Foods

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not a fan of this wisdom. People think that tax write offs are some magic solution to tax liabilities.

This is how it works. The company can 'write off' the cost of goods sold. As such, if an items sells for 200 but costs 100 to make, the company only gets to deduct 100 dollars. Now here is the rub...assuming a 25% corporate tax rate, they only get a tax benefit of $25. As such, why would any company spend $100 to save $25. It doesnt make sense. Tax deductions are only beneficial when you are going to spend the money anyway. (ironically, the same argument i use when buying stuff on black friday with their 'discounts') Throwing away money to get a tax deduction is not economically sound. You can't 'buy a tax deduction' without losing money.

I used to hear the same argument on why someone would take out a mortgage. Would you prefer to give $30 to the government in taxes, or $100 to your bank and save $30 from being paid to the government (net 70 loss).
Reminds me of what my mom used to say. She got a raise but after taxes she is making less! I would say, Mom that isn't mathematically possible. She would just give me that look and I would shut up.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminds me of what my mom used to say. She got a raise but after taxes she is making less! I would say, Mom that isn't mathematically possible. She would just give me that look and I would shut up.
Lol. Been there done that.

There are a few situations where that literally can happen. It’s some of the low income tax credits that half a ‘cliff’ as opposed to a ‘step down’ income threshold. It’s a very small window of income but it is mathematically possible for a few of the credits.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I was wondering like what deal, lol. Been hunting for salt deals since the second tank has been running... But I get what you were doing now :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Amazon- IO reef crystal bucket 39.99 shipped

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Amazon and UPS drivers hate me with a passion. I saw the 3 bag cap too, just did it in 4 different orders, lol. Glad I kept a few io buckets around.

I have a few friends that are USPS mail carriers, if you heard the griping that I hear... o_O
Yep, mine hated me when I ordered the 80lb boxes of grilling wood pellets. I think he threw the box at my front door.

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Been there done that.

There are a few situations where that literally can happen. It’s some of the low income tax credits that half a ‘cliff’ as opposed to a ‘step down’ income threshold. It’s a very small window of income but it is mathematically possible for a few of the credits.
Correct, but we were not in that situation. I'm so glad I don't have to do individual tax returns anymore. Hated taxes with a passion. Especially at the firm I worked at. They didn't fill out tax returns, we had a large stack of sheets with input boxes on them. So you had to know how it worked on the tax returns and then learn how to do it on the sheets so that it would calculate everything correctly and put it on the tax returns correctly. It was all a money grab since they charged the clients by the hour.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

TheyGaveItToMe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it went up but not that much. Especially at the level BRS is buying.
Do you think they are buying more boxes than super mega corporation? This is the view from my desk...
IMG_20221203_221452.jpg

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While equipment and supplies price have increased, I am seeing a decrease in livestock price, especially with common fish.

- Hippo tang $40
- Foxface $40
- Pintail wrasse $50
- Tomini tang $60
- Red firefish $10
- Royal Gramma $20
- Banggai cardinal $15

And many more...

And even coral price have gone down with $75 gold torches, $30 named acros like Bill Murray, many encrusters at $10-$20.
I guess that is all local for you in Orlando. In the DFW area, we still have $75 prices for regular green torches. Heaven forbid they have a cool colored tip on them and then they want more than a gold. Best I can do is get in good with a garage seller and hope they cut me a deal.

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had that happen back in 2015, lol. Got a raise and it knocked me into the next tax bracket. It was nearly a wash.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

rtparty

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work for a super mega corporation as a packaging machine maintenance tech, we can't get a cardboard tray for 20-30 cents. It isn't even possible to manufacture a box that cheap.

That’s funny. I pay .43 cents a box and I’m a very small scale shipper. With larger orders I can get them even cheaper. 25 cents per box is available if I want to place a large enough order

For reference, we’re talking about a small box that would contain the 1-3 items for $10 that some people are trying to screw BRS out of.

Last edited:

TheyGaveItToMe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s funny. I pay .43 cents a box and I’m a very small scale shipper. With larger orders I can get them even cheaper. 25 cents per box is available if I want to place a large enough order

For reference, we’re talking about a small box that would contain the 1-3 items for $10 that some people are trying to screw BRS out of.
We are paying slightly less than .76(corporate account pricing) for a cardboard tray...

Avast

TheyGaveItToMe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Conveyance... My old friend. Learned that gig in my wilderness years (Laid off aircraft MX).
You are not wrong, there is plenty of conveyors around here. But, our business is brewing.

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are not wrong, there is plenty of conveyors around here. But, our business is brewing.
Nice. I worked on the airline side of conveyance (baggage handling systems) full time for a few years and still do it as part of a side gig.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Aqua SD
Back