Snake Polyps Placement

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to know what everyone's opinion was on the proper placement for these corals, right now the two polyp frag I have is on a rack and seems to be okay about mid level in my tank but it's sort of hard to tell due to the nature of this coral what it looks like when its happy and what it looks like when its upset haha

Nuvo 20 Aquarium, Maxspect Ethereal Lighting

BRS

JakesReef209

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious about this as well, I just got a 2 polyp pink snake as part of a random pack from WWC. I hadn’t even heard of them before they showed up lol they’re pretty weird lookin lol do yours open up during daylight hours? Mine don’t seem to want to so far

Nutramar Foods

DSC reef

Coral wasted
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious about this as well, I just got a 2 polyp pink snake as part of a random pack from WWC. I hadn’t even heard of them before they showed up lol they’re pretty weird lookin lol do yours open up during daylight hours? Mine don’t seem to want to so far
The ones I've seen open as a feeding response when small particles entered the water column. I'm sure they'll come out more as time goes on.

JakesReef209

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine still haven’t even opened a little bit. I could only find like 2 pictures online of them open lol I guess it’s kind of interesting but I have to say that this is the coral that I’m the least excited about

Corals.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Chemi-pure.com - All-In-One Aquarium Filtration
Back