Snails and Bristle Worms?

Nathaniellund17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
I'm dealing with a pretty bad aiptasia infestation, and have decided to go the route of adding Berghia Nudibranchs to my display. With that, I've been monitoring the tank a lot more at night. I'm seeing a lot of little critters attached to the glass which I think are snails - but not sure. Any thoughts?

Also, I'm not worried about having bristle worms, and appears I definitely have them. But I just want to ensure these are not the bad kind and that they won't wreak havoc on the tank. My understanding is that common bristle worms are really thin - which I believe these ones are thin whereas fire worms are fat. Thoughts?

IMG_1794.jpeg IMG_1800.jpeg

KPark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bristle worms in my tank, I haven’t noticed them do anything harmful. Sometimes if I see a large one I will remove it. I consider them as part of a clean up crew. As for the aptasia I have had luck with it pepermint shrimp, but it seems like people have different experiences with them.

OP
OP
N

Nathaniellund17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you get a picture of the shells of the snails?

And those bristle worms are nothing to worry about.
Not sure if these pics will work, really hard to get the camera to focus on the snails. If this doesn't work, maybe I can try to pull some out.

Attachments

• IMG_1813.jpeg
    IMG_1813.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1818.jpeg
    IMG_1818.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1819.jpeg
    IMG_1819.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 34

WalkerLovesTheOcean

I love acans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if these pics will work, really hard to get the camera to focus on the snails. If this doesn't work, maybe I can try to pull some out.
If you have trochus snais, those could be their babies, or they're collonista snails.

OP
OP
N

Nathaniellund17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have trochus snais, those could be their babies, or they're collonista snails.
Yes, I certainly have trochus snails, so that very well could be the id. I was just surprised to see how many there are. With that though, regardless of if they are trochus or collonista - they're harmless to the tank, and are good for a cleanup crew, correct?

WalkerLovesTheOcean

I love acans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I certainly have trochus snails, so that very well could be the id. I was just surprised to see how many there are. With that though, regardless of if they are trochus or collonista - they're harmless to the tank, and are good for a cleanup crew, correct?
Correct.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back