Smart roller L Filter Roller- Reef Factory

danreef55

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I am going to have a bean animal overflow with three 1-1/2" drain lines. I will plumb the emergency drain into the first chamber bypass the filter roller. Should I create a manifold for the other two lines to connect them to this roller intake?
Would this create back pressure in
1723593137867.png
the two drains? Any advice would be appreciated

BeanAnimal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 - Do not connect them together. It is likely that they will interact.
2 - Connecting the siphon would run the bulk of the flow through the filter.
3 - The fluctuation level in the filter may cause the siphon to be unstable. Within reason the overflow system may self adjust, but the flow rate and plumbing sizes are variables that are hard to account for.

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There should be no need to tee them together into 1 pipe that feeds into any filter roller since that will cause additional noise (think like a venturi) and plumbing complications

I have not used the reefactory model but it might be possible to adapt the unit to take both the primary and secondary on opposite ends but a miniscule amount of from the secondary drain may not be worth putting that much effort for in most systems.

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like others have said with. Primary and secondary drains just plumb the primary drain to the roller. On my setup I have 2 primary drains 1” I did Tee them together but my situation was different being both these drains were primary.
IMG_2145.jpeg

IMG_2147.jpeg
IMG_2147.jpeg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back