Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey this is my first post here, i have a 210 gallon fish only tank with an emperor angel, a regal angel, a Naso tang, banner fish, a damsel i got from a friend, and an anthias. I am thinking of getting one more tang, but im not sure how much fish would be overstocking the tank. I also want some smaller fish that stay mostly near the rocks, but im not sure what would be right for my tank, and how many. I am also thinking of getting a pair of clownfishes, what species would be a great addition.

AquaCave Logo Banner

AlexG

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For smaller colorful fish I would recommend a group of Royal Grammas. They will generally spread out into a loose group and hang out near the rocks. In a 210 you should be good to get 3-5 at the same time. I would get them smaller as they will create a pecking order and territories. They might display some light aggression with each other but in a larger tank they should have enough space to spread out and create a great pop of color.

S2G

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you're going to have to choose between the emp and naso long term.

I have a percula clown & a purple dottyback. Both are really awesome fish. The dottyback hangs around the rocks but is out all the time. Here's some pics showing them out & about (excuse the glass)

20190830_195013.jpg 20190830_195002.jpg

Here's a size reference same footprint as your tank . Clown is bottom left and dottyback is in the middle20190904_084722.jpg

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics

WMR

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tailspot or Midas blenny, clown gobies( I think with a tank your size, they’d have enough room to establish their territories. Assessors( yellow or MacNeil), dartfish( blue, green, zebra), they don’t usually stay close to the rock work, but, you could put a good school of those in there. I’d get a blue tang & ctenochaetus tang( chevron, kole, whitetail), for pair of clowns, either percs, ocellaris, or skunks, they’re the least aggressive. Watch out for damsel when adding your fish, could get territorial

BRS
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Kinetics
Back