Skip Cycle with Live rock and Life Rock ?

BRS

jvaughan1355

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I just started up my second reef tank. Waterbox Cube 20, I built a life rock reef scape and am adding in live rock, some in my mid chamber and some in the display to skip cycle. I know this isn’t a pure skip with the life rock but can I swing it as a skip because of the Live I have in there?
Thanks!

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
jvaughan1355

jvaughan1355

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I just started up my second reef tank. Waterbox Cube 20, I built a life rock reef scape and am adding in live rock, some in my mid chamber and some in the display to skip cycle. I know this isn’t a pure skip with the life rock but can I swing it as a skip because of the Live I have in there?
Thanks!
Been reading @brandon429 skip cycle thread for 3 days. Thank you for all the information that’s in there

OP
OP
jvaughan1355

jvaughan1355

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get your tank worked out?
I did and everything is going well, did a half and half mix and threw in an established bio media bag. Got stocked up on some coral this past weekend and took some from my established tank , so far so good!

70430508555__E8356890-4789-4A0C-B028-270AA75613A4.jpeg

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey nice, I'll add this to our huge skip cycle/testless thread/perfect job :)

I never got the alerts here, glad to see it's all set. the inert surfaces simply don't factor, they catch up in time free o' charge

any degree of live rock inclusion in the water path is a skip cycle, unless it's only a tiny amount the size of a marble, that looks to have a decent % above/very nice setup

OP
OP
jvaughan1355

jvaughan1355

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did and everything is going well, did a half and half mix and threw in an established bio media bag. Got stocked up on some coral this past weekend, so far so good!
New tank will support life for what the live rock can handle. Does not matter how much life rock or dead rock there is.
As the dead/life rock gets seeded, then more life can be added.
Thanks guys, wouldn’t have done it without all the info I got to read on skip cycles, was extremely helpful getting some education around stuff. Appreciate the sharing of all the knowledge on here and getting to try new things because of it.

Superd513

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
I did same and used Brightwell MicroBacter start xlm and some of their bio cubes. My tank cycled in 4 days. And I had 5 saltwater Mollys. Worked out great for me. 28 gal nano.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back