Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my pump is maxed out but I'm not getting the foam in skimmer to reach the very top, would I raise or lower the water level in the sump to help with head pressure and get the foam to rise a little higher?

Top Shelf Aquatics

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my pump is maxed out but I'm not getting the foam in skimmer to reach the very top, would I raise or lower the water level in the sump to help with head pressure and get the foam to rise a little higher?
Most skimmers have a specifications for the water level that the skimmer should be set in to optimize performance. You should look into that, and then measure the height of your water.

Corals.com

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason why I say check with the specification is from the manufacturer is because if your skimmer is in that specific water level and still not functioning properly, you’re gonna need to diagnose why other than the level of the water, so it would be good to know the proper level before you set it

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NY
Back