Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting up my 180 again, and my 100g's skimmer is working too hard to steal it and replace with a smaller like i planned. Looking for suggestions on this for one that just works.

Saw simplicity 320 is decent price amd should meet the demands of my aspirations of the tank. Theres a reef skimmer 300 in club thats new for $200 but think its way too small.

Any help is appreciated

World Wide Corals

Cichlid23

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me personally I always go with reef octopus elite line because I'm a huge fans of DC pumps for over AC for most uses, it's an extra level of controllability and just quieter. I would probably do the 8 or 9 inch one depending on what you are trying to keep. I understand this may be out of budget however, to me I think it's worth it, however for a cheaper option I would do the aquavitro 250. They take up very little space for there performance and for that price I don't really think you can beat it, still reliable and gets the job done.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What did you have before and why did you replace
When initially acquiring gear for the build, I had purchased a Skimz Monster DC something or other from BRS. As it would turn out, it was shortly before they discontinued the line. I was never really happy with it, as it was a nightmare to dial in. So, I finally replaced it a little over a month ago. I couldn't be happier.

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When initially acquiring gear for the build, I had purchased a Skimz Monster DC something or other from BRS. As it would turn out, it was shortly before they discontinued the line. I was never really happy with it, as it was a nightmare to dial in. So, I finally replaced it a little over a month ago. I couldn't be happier.
May I ask how quiet it is? I was considering getting a Dalua GW-17 but ended up with a Deltec 1500i. I'm happy with the deltec but am curious about the GW

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
May I ask how quiet it is? I was considering getting a Dalua GW-17 but ended up with a Deltec 1500i. I'm happy with the deltec but am curious about the GW
Like a gentle whisper, my dude. lol. Seriously though, dead silent. I am also breaking in the GW return pump, to later use as my backup. It is the same pump as the skimmer, only larger (3000GPH), and it too is dead silent. I'm really impressed with not only the quality of their products, but also the value to performance aspect of when compared to other, better known brands.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve lost track of the number of Skimmers I’ve had over the years. I do remember my first one used a Wooden Air Stone, and it was hard to get more than a week out of the Air stone. The very best Skimmer I’ve ever had is the LifeReef Skimmer. They will run on any pump, as long as it meets the GPM. Zero Smell while running. Easily adaptable to outside air injection. If it starts to Overflow, it stops skimming. I think the Cup holds a quart. Also it can be set up to drain into a Container. One included simply gate valve controls the skim quality. If you want it to temporarily make a lighter skim, just slightly raise the sump water level. Once it drops, skimming will return to normal. I did have to buy a Reef Art, Coral Rack, where the one Skimmer is in a non-LifeReef Sump.

dwest

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my 180, I recently replaced my vintage H&S F150 skimmer with a tunze 9430 DC. Both are great but my H&S was a bit undersized. The tunze has been great so far.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AFX
Back