Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help? I've a blue marine 300 litre skimmer... was working fine... then today it's overflowing no matter what I do... the only thing that stops it overflowing is if I place my finger in front of the pump intake... it's sitting at the correct water level etc.

Edit.. working now. Sponge for water out had clogged.

Last edited:
AS

reeftivo

skim junkie
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help? I've a blue marine 300 litre skimmer... was working fine... then today it's overflowing no matter what I do... the only thing that stops it overflowing is if I place my finger in front of the pump intake... it's sitting at the correct water level etc.

Edit.. working now. Sponge for water out had clogged.
glad you figured it out. i'm not familiar with blue marine skimmers. HMMM? i love looking at new skimmer tech ;)

zjs6631

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I just bought a octo classic 100-HOB used off the marketplace. It seems to be missing the top mount piece and the plastic cup that goes on the defoamer. Would anyone know how to source these parts and the best place to order them?
octohob100front.jpeg

Attachments

• octohob100back.jpeg
    octohob100back.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 11
CLICK TO VIEW

reeftivo

skim junkie
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I just bought a octo classic 100-HOB used off the marketplace. It seems to be missing the top mount piece and the plastic cup that goes on the defoamer. Would anyone know how to source these parts and the best place to order them? View attachment 3158801
that skimmer needs a long soak in a 5% citric acid solution. most likely will need knew washers too on the intake and output sides to avoid water on the floor

CLICK TO VIEW

zjs6631

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that skimmer needs a long soak in a 5% citric acid solution. most likely will need knew washers too on the intake and output sides to avoid water on the floor
Thank you for all the info! I have it soaking now. I'll make a list of parts including the washers and try to get it going. It was only $15, so I have some wiggle room to get it working.

reeftivo

skim junkie
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for all the info! I have it soaking now. I'll make a list of parts including the washers and try to get it going. It was only $15, so I have some wiggle room to get it working.
10-4

those are big but good performing HOBs because the reaction chamber has more volume with the external pump.

good luck and report back

SamSantoyo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! thanks in advance for your help.
I'm going through a quite enjoyable process of setting a 100gal tank for my seahorses and some upcoming soft corals.
Already 4 ponys in there having a blast, still... took the not so great decision (but works for me atm) to use a Fluval FX6 to filter it for now (time wise).

Therefore, I do need to pick the best hang-on skimmer for it, new stock will come soon and the bioload will start to build up.

Any recommendations? I need one that can balance quality vs noise; aiming for one suitable for 200 gallons at least.

Top Shelf Aquatics

reeftivo

skim junkie
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! thanks in advance for your help.
I'm going through a quite enjoyable process of setting a 100gal tank for my seahorses and some upcoming soft corals.
Already 4 ponys in there having a blast, still... took the not so great decision (but works for me atm) to use a Fluval FX6 to filter it for now (time wise).

Therefore, I do need to pick the best hang-on skimmer for it, new stock will come soon and the bioload will start to build up.

Any recommendations? I need one that can balance quality vs noise; aiming for one suitable for 200 gallons at least.
I would look at the Ice Cap K3-150 or the reef octo classic 2000

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

1000rrstunna

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So debating on a skimmer for the new tank… will be about 575 gallons total water volume

looking at the $700 aqua max coneS co-6 the $600simplicity 8000dc as my budget models to get me going the first year or so… maybe forever if they do the trick the deltec 3000 dc version as middle price at $1300and possibly a bubble king Deluxe300 with the sale at brs right now for $2100 as my high end option
Cost doesn’t always make things better. Any opinions on items listed ?

reeftivo

skim junkie
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you dont mind cleaning those bubble tubes on the CO6 then i would lean towards that one. it has an askoll block and they last. i would stay away from internal pump skimmers since you have a big tank which means big waste. you'll want easy access to the pump. BKs are great but a hefty investment. if Ultrareef had a bigger typhoon (sicce SDC pump) option i would suggest looking at those but sadly they don't. Another brand that uses the Sicce SDC is ATB and they may have some that you might want to consider (12.5 elegance comes to mind).

all the skimmers you looked at have more good reviews than bad with their smaller counterparts.

hopefully someone else can chime in with some hands on experience with monster tank skimmers. You may want to check and see what others are running in this thread https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/monster-tanks-400g.1046/

Last edited:

Gribbles

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When choosing a skimmer, I go by the total system volume and not just the DT volume correct? I'm upsizing from a small tank.

Researching for a skimmer for a waterbox infinitia frag 125, any recommendations for something in the same price range as a nyos quantum 160?

AquaCave Logo Banner

reeftivo

skim junkie
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When choosing a skimmer, I go by the total system volume and not just the DT volume correct? I'm upsizing from a small tank.

Researching for a skimmer for a waterbox infinitia frag 125, any recommendations for something in the same price range as a nyos quantum 160?
check out the deltec 600i

i think they still may be on sale through deltec usa
review

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AAF
Back