Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an older Euro Reef Skimmer that works great, however the pump has problems when starting after being turned off. It runs and pulls water but it is as if it struggles to pull air in. I can get it going by putting my finger over the end that pulls in water, which then causes air to pull and operate normally. The pump is a sedra 3500 and is about 4 months old. I have removed it, taken apart to ensure impeller is still good and all checks out.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Zero_Cool

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the volute and air line clean? In the past I have had to add an airline valve to reduce the amount of air and create the pull through.

Also, has there been any change in the depth the skimmer or pump is in? To shallow and it may not have enough pressure to pull air properly.

OP
OP
U

urbanjaybird

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the volute and air line clean? In the past I have had to add an airline valve to reduce the amount of air and create the pull through.

Also, has there been any change in the depth the skimmer or pump is in? To shallow and it may not have enough pressure to pull air properly.
Nothing has changed. Sits in 8 inches. It works once I kick start it so to speak. Seems like a problem priming. That’s bored I can think to explain. I’ll get a video later tonight

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tenecor Aquariums
Back