Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My skimmer is overflowing but now with bubbles or skim. All of a sudden the entire skimmer is filled with water. I unplugged it and still water remains all the way up to the top on the collection cup. Why did this happen? The sumo water is at a normal height. The whole skimmer is full of water. Its been running for a year. It runs at any water height just about. I have never seen it overflow with water. Water was just pouring out the top. Its the middle of the night and I can not look hard. I shut it off. Maybe something go into the pump?

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics

TheBear78

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's unlikely that the skimmer pumped water up the top so it must have been a really wet skim that it has settled. I'm guessing that the skimmer body is full of aerated water when it was on?
Mine does this if the water level goes up just a fraction, if the air inlet is restricted at all, if the vent holes in the lid become blocked or if I change the filter socks and/or fleece that I lay over the top.
I can't say why you had your particular occurrence but it might be worth checking those possible causes.

Jordan92595

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My skimmer is overflowing but now with bubbles or skim. All of a sudden the entire skimmer is filled with water. I unplugged it and still water remains all the way up to the top on the collection cup. Why did this happen? The sumo water is at a normal height. The whole skimmer is full of water. Its been running for a year. It runs at any water height just about. I have never seen it overflow with water. Water was just pouring out the top. Its the middle of the night and I can not look hard. I shut it off. Maybe something go into the pump?
You need to clean the filter pads inside of it . They glog up and make it overflow

Nutramar Foods
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Biota Marine Life
Back