+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day y'all.

Currently debating removing my skimmer and just letting my other filtration do it's thing on my JBJ65.

I am currently running a Reef Octopus HOB-1000 and I feel it's a bit too bulky for my taste. I have been looking at the Tunze 9004 or even not running one at all.

I can fit the tunze where my return pumps are since I am running a single pump mated to a Y-split.

Thoughts?

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Sidsreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day y'all.

Currently debating removing my skimmer and just letting my other filtration do it's thing on my JBJ65.

I am currently running a Reef Octopus HOB-1000 and I feel it's a bit too bulky for my taste. I have been looking at the Tunze 9004 or even not running one at all.

I can fit the tunze where my return pumps are since I am running a single pump mated to a Y-split.

Thoughts?
first question. Does your tank need the additional filtration for the coals that you have in your tank?

if so, or you’re having some sort of nitrate problem, a protein skimmer could be great, especially with SPS and more delicate corals.

If you don’t have a massive bio load and or you don’t have a ton of SPS, but you got a good collection like 4 or 5 then you probably don’t need a Skimer, especially with a all in one. All in one fish tanks are very restricting when it comes to filtration. But if you buy the correct equipment that small enough and can be very rewarding.

so it’s up to you… do you have an SPS collection in your tank that you want to see get bigger and thrive a little bit better than yess Skimmer. other than that I wouldn’t worry about her protein skimmer I would just do water changes and keep track your numbers

OP
OP
J

jdmquip

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a few SPS. An acro, Stylo and monti.

u0VvDKu - Imgur.jpg

Corals.com
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back