Skimmer no longer skimming normally

Danyole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea Reefer 250 with a Bubble Magus 3 Extreme. It was working fine a month ago but I turned it off while I treated Chemi pure about 3 weeks ago for some cyano issues I was having. Since then my skimmer is overflowing even while barely being in the water, I have my skimmer stand on its tallest setting so that the skimmer is only 4" in the water and it's still overflowing constantly. I've tried different settings, cleaning the skimmer + pump and i've done 6 10G water changes since the Chemi pure and nothing will make this skimmer run normally. I'm getting super frustrated, any advice?

saltytanked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep that what happens when you use chemiclean. Water changes and skimming until it stops overflowing are your only options

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just leave the skimmer overflow back in to the sump . It will settle back down eventually. Might take a few days

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally normal for chemiclean. Large water change and leave your skimmer on. Let it overflow back into your sump.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I have a Red Sea Reefer 250 with a Bubble Magus 3 Extreme. It was working fine a month ago but I turned it off while I treated Chemi pure about 3 weeks ago for some cyano issues I was having. Since then my skimmer is overflowing even while barely being in the water, I have my skimmer stand on its tallest setting so that the skimmer is only 4" in the water and it's still overflowing constantly. I've tried different settings, cleaning the skimmer + pump and i've done 6 10G water changes since the Chemi pure and nothing will make this skimmer run normally. I'm getting super frustrated, any advice?
With chemi pure addition , take the cup off until the unit calms down after 24 hours

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back