Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have a skimz sk181 I got for a steal while brs was getting rid of all their products. The Skimmer has been doing great and skimming pretty consistently until my wc today. Filled the tank back up and turned all the equipment on. The Skimmer is unable to produce enough air/water to push up into the Skimmer cup. Even with the air silencer fully opened and the water level control fully closed. What could be the cause?

Top Shelf Aquatics

SpyC

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would start with checking the impeller/needlewheel to ensure it is seated properly or any other issues like broken bits. Also inspect the venturi for any salt buildup preventing full air flow.

OP
OP
Alexreefer

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would start with checking the impeller/needlewheel to ensure it is seated properly or any other issues like broken bits. Also inspect the venturi for any salt buildup preventing full air flow.
Impeller was spotless. Cleaned and soaked pump in sicce's pump clean. Reinstalled in the sump and still no change

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Alexreefer

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
make sure power strip is not sucking up too much power, I can only plug so much into mine before need for spreading out ampage
I don't think it is electrical delivery. Nothing has changed in between water changes except for water chemistry.

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey guys, I have a skimz sk181 I got for a steal while brs was getting rid of all their products. The Skimmer has been doing great and skimming pretty consistently until my wc today. Filled the tank back up and turned all the equipment on. The Skimmer is unable to produce enough air/water to push up into the Skimmer cup. Even with the air silencer fully opened and the water level control fully closed. What could be the cause?
Take the tube from skimmer muffler and blow into it. There is likely a restriction as my past skimz did the same thing and all of a sudden ran like a champ. Assure the pump intake also has no debris slowing the intake

OP
OP
Alexreefer

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take the tube from skimmer muffler and blow into it. There is likely a restriction as my past skimz did the same thing and all of a sudden ran like a champ. Assure the pump intake also has no debris slowing the intake
Completely cleaned out the pump intake. Made love to the air tube only to make bigger bubbles in the Skimmer body but went back to normal afterwards.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Top Shelf Aquatics
Back