Skimmer air intake from outside, there is a maximum lenght or minimum diameter?

fr3n0z

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, i am moving and upgrading my tank to a new room. Ideally the tank will be at the opposite of the windows, that means that the air intake from outside will need to run in about 5/7meters (16/22Ft.) of line (i live in mountain, in the winter it get -15 and windows are open really not a lot).

There is a maximum or "better not to go over" lenght ir diameter to run a airline? I would like to do it made of a 4x6mm tubing or 8x10mm max. The tank is a small nano of about 20G total and the skimmer is a small magtool reef 80

Any hint? Would like to not to use a scrubber since media isn't that cheap over here.
1680377568918.png

AquaCave Logo Banner

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really. The length of the run shouldn't affect performance as it's generally sucking the air in. To be honest, though - I'm not sure you'll see much benefit on a small tank/skimmer. You'll probably have more luck just cracking the windows open a bit every now and then.

Gp!

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CLICK TO VIEW

Pistondog

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@INKBIRD_official makes an indoor CO2 monitor. I got one when I was considering running an outdoor airline for my skimmer. The monitor saved me a good bit of money as it turned out running the airline wasn't going to be a benefit for my setup. Here is an Amazon link to the one I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09MRX4F12?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
Sorry, but that unit should not be purchased. Only the usb c that comes with it will charge it. And the usb connection is loose, so battery charging problematic. Can run 4 or 5 hours without the battery. I wanted this to work, ordered a replacement with same loose charging connector.
Hope it works for you.

Pistondog

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, i am moving and upgrading my tank to a new room. Ideally the tank will be at the opposite of the windows, that means that the air intake from outside will need to run in about 5/7meters (16/22Ft.) of line (i live in mountain, in the winter it get -15 and windows are open really not a lot).

There is a maximum or "better not to go over" lenght ir diameter to run a airline? I would like to do it made of a 4x6mm tubing or 8x10mm max. The tank is a small nano of about 20G total and the skimmer is a small magtool reef 80

Any hint? Would like to not to use a scrubber since media isn't that cheap over here.
View attachment 3091436
I ran a 1/2" pvc tube thru the floor and outside. Used adapters to reduce for skimmer.

Gp!

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, but that unit should not be purchased. Only the usb c that comes with it will charge it. And the usb connection is loose, so battery charging problematic. Can run 4 or 5 hours without the battery. I wanted this to work, ordered a replacement with same loose charging connector.
Hope it works for you.

I've had mine since October. I put a cell phone charger on it. I've changed it between my other usb c cell phone chargers. Dropped it a few times. It still works well. And the humidity readings match up to the wall clocks and dehumidifiers I have. Perhaps you got a bad one?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Pistondog

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine since October. I put a cell phone charger on it. I've changed it between my other usb c cell phone chargers. Dropped it a few times. It still works well. And the humidity readings match up to the wall clocks and dehumidifiers I have. Perhaps you got a bad one?
The replacement was bad too,

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aqua SD
Back