Silent skimmer for reefer 250 (60 gallon)

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.
I am looking into the possibility of replacing my bubble magus curve 7 with another skimmer.
The skimmer is great, however, its quite noisy.
Any recommendations would be appreciated, tank is a Reefer 250 (60 gallons).

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1728574576758.gif

keoreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any Ultra Reef skimmer. I've never had a skimmer this silent. The materials they make the skimmer out of are really sturdy and thick so the sound gets deadened.

Pod_01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.
I am looking into the possibility of replacing my bubble magus curve 7 with another skimmer.
The skimmer is great, however, its quite noisy.
Any recommendations would be appreciated, tank is a Reefer 250 (60 gallons).
I use Bubble King Double Cone130 from Royal Exclusive in my Red Sea 250.
It is quite, but definitely on the powerful side meaning I would not put larger skimmer from Bubble King in my tank.

Good luck,

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't get much quieter than the BK double cone 130 with that DC pump. DC pump driven skimmers will usually always generate less noise. My double cone 130 works very very well and i basically cannot hear it even with the cabinet doors open unless i really crank it up. I have an Akula 160 (AC sicce) and it is pretty quiet too but the double cone takes the silence prize for me, I alternate between the two.

the double cone would work well for a 60 since it has a smaller neck. The Akula however, can run dirty and still perform well between cleanings. I have to keep the neck and air intake clean on the double cone for it to keep up with the Akulas performance. My akula can have 1/8 inch thick gunk layer in the neck and still fill the cup (crazy).

BTW, new Akulas have DC pumps now

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back