Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for an AC return pump that is dead silent.

• Pushing around 100 gph after (minimal) head losses for ~ 70 g display. (This will be the redundant pump complimenting a Vectra S2).
  • Sicce is not an option for me. I have found them to be very unreliable.
  • What do I mean by silent? I mean cannot be heard over my laptop fan in my office with no other appliances, with the air conditioning off, in a closed cabinet, with reasonable amount of sound insulation for other reef equipment.

What has been your experience, silence-junkies? What do you recommend? Right now, I'm leaning towards Tunze, or one of the small Eheim pumps.

Avast

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes: Sicce is it IMHO for lack noise. I don't know any ac pump that's quieter. Eheim is gonna make noise, quite a bit IMHO. Running an eheim compacton 2100 on my 50g ATM and you hear it when everything is off in my living room. It's not terrible but I suffer from hearing loss from 25+ years of loud noises @ work and I notice it. Used to run a eheim 1260 and it's even worse on noise that the compact on.

Consider a cheapie dc pump, I'd go with a jebao and be done with it IMHO. That pump is prolly gonna outlive the vectra.

doubleshot00

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ac return pumps are not quiet. Non of them. Sicces are not quiet. I have one running right now and if it wasn’t for my skimmer being so loud I would try another jebao. Had a jebao 2500 fluctuating to much. Had to return it. You will have to pick a dc pump to be as quiet as tour wanting.

Im currently using a jebao 6500 as my main. Then have a secondary running my uv. The Jebao is dead quiet.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes: Sicce is it IMHO for lack noise. I don't know any ac pump that's quieter. Eheim is gonna make noise, quite a bit IMHO. Running an eheim compacton 2100 on my 50g ATM and you hear it when everything is off in my living room. It's not terrible but I suffer from hearing loss from 25+ years of loud noises @ work and I notice it. Used to run a eheim 1260 and it's even worse on noise that the compact on.

Consider a cheapie dc pump, I'd go with a jebao and be done with it IMHO. That pump is prolly gonna outlive the vectra.

Thanks for your reply, although I'm disappointed with your answer lol... Which model Sicce do you think?

I really want a smaller AC pump for maximum reliability. Will Sicce fit the 'reliability' part of the bill?

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Deltec
Back