+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! Please help me.

Last week I posted about my clownfish in quarantine getting sick after a herbtana dosing.
I ended up doing a progressive water change in a 24 hour period.

on 08/25 I thought he might be dead but when I tried to fish him out of the tank he darted up.
He looked really bad at that point and I thought he was about to pass, so as a hail Mary I dipped him in Paraguard for 45 minutes and that helped. (Because this is what I did with my other clownfish and that saved him in the past when he was breathing super fast)
I dipped him again on 08/26 and 08/27. I believe that helped.

he is hanging in there. Now floating and moving more instead of lying on the bottom, however the little fish is still breathing super fast... and he has not eaten since 08/24.
His skin looks intact.

Tank 5G
Temp 78-80 steady
pH 8
Ammonia - nitrite - nitrate 0
Salinity 34-1.025

I apologize for the video as the fishy is in a box to help him avoid swimming against the current.

Attachments

• IMG_0615.MOV
    23.7 MB
AS

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! Please help me.

Last week I posted about my clownfish in quarantine getting sick after a herbtana dosing.
I ended up doing a progressive water change in a 24 hour period.

on 08/25 I thought he might be dead but when I tried to fish him out of the tank he darted up.
He looked really bad at that point and I thought he was about to pass, so as a hail Mary I dipped him in Paraguard for 45 minutes and that helped. (Because this is what I did with my other clownfish and that saved him in the past when he was breathing super fast)
I dipped him again on 08/26 and 08/27. I believe that helped.

he is hanging in there. Now floating and moving more instead of lying on the bottom, however the little fish is still breathing super fast... and he has not eaten since 08/24.
His skin looks intact.

Tank 5G
Temp 78-80 steady
pH 8
Ammonia - nitrite - nitrate 0
Salinity 34-1.025

I apologize for the video as the fishy is in a box to help him avoid swimming against the current.
It’s really tough to see clearly through that mesh. The fish does look really thin and is breathing too fast. It is most likely a systemic disease, but I don’t have enough clear symptoms to narrow that down.
Paraguard is an anti-protozoan medication. It isn’t my first choice, but it seems to be working in your case, at least in delaying disease progression.
Jay

OP
OP
anabechara

anabechara

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s really tough to see clearly through that mesh. The fish does look really thin and is breathing too fast. It is most likely a systemic disease, but I don’t have enough clear symptoms to narrow that down.
Paraguard is an anti-protozoan medication. It isn’t my first choice, but it seems to be working in your case, at least in delaying disease progression.
Jay
Thank you.
I have done the treatment 3 days on a row. Should I keep going?

Also if you need more information I could tell you more, I just don't know what else I should look for or what other information you would need.
The reason why I did not take a better video is because I don't want to stress him out more...
but if you think with clearer video you can have more information I could do that...
Thank you!

AS

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.
I have done the treatment 3 days on a row. Should I keep going?

Also if you need more information I could tell you more, I just don't know what else I should look for or what other information you would need.
The reason why I did not take a better video is because I don't want to stress him out more...
but if you think with clearer video you can have more information I could do that...
Thank you!
Could you try turning off the tank pumps and letting the surface settle and try getting a video from the top down?
I guess I would continue the treatment as it seems to be at least buying some time. However if the fish doesn’t start feeding really soon, it isn’t going to make it I’m afraid.
Jay

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Buckeye
Back