Show us what you picked up at Reefapalooza CA!

BRS

smartwater101

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm always curious what corals/hardware people get when they go to shows like this. Especially considering the great deals some vendors have. I normally go late Sunday because many vendors are trying to offload as much as they can before making the trek home. But this year I decided to go early Saturday. Glad I did because I managed to nab a 3 branch RR Pink Floyd for a good deal. Always wanted this coral in my tank! :)

I remember, YEARS ago, it was late Sunday and guy tried to sell me a 8 inch bright yellow/gold hammer for ~300-400. I think it was originally listed for ~600+. He went all the way down to 200 and I wasn't even trying to bargain! He really wanted to get rid of it. At the time, I had no idea how special it was and am still kicking myself for not nabbing that one.

Anyway, this year I went a little nuts and came home with 23 frags and a clam. Ramen noodle soup will be my primary intake for awhile lol. Here is some stuff I got:

Gs3KWCX.jpg
View attachment 1169594
0CbQYtZ.jpg

View attachment 1169554View attachment 1169556
View attachment 1169557View attachment 1169558
w8zJlZZ.jpg

SHOW US WHAT YOU PICKED UP!!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Beardo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went alittle overboard as well, only planned on a couple frags and walked away with 9.
RR Pink Floyd, RR Shazam, RRC Black Sabbath, CB Malefocent, Big R Candyland, RR Cherrybomb, Greg Hiller Aqua Delight, ARC Fireworks and one they called Ice Fire Monster which is a nice little smooth skin.
20190818_161057.jpg

Nutramar Foods

Journeyman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went overboard as well. Rmf candyland, asd milli, angry birds, vivid's confetti, hot mama milli, misdemeanor milli. Cb malificent.

Although I regret the angry bird. It was a tiny cheapish (for an Angry bird) frag and I noticed some white at the base. I hesitated, then went for it on impulse. It rtn'd overnight... I should have trusted my first instinct. Other than that, everyone else is happy.

I also got an unknown Monti at the birthday giveaway yesterday. I just happened to be standing next to the booth when they announced it, so I got lucky.

20190818_174219.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm always curious what corals/hardware people get when they go to shows like this. Especially considering the great deals some vendors have. I normally go late Sunday because many vendors are trying to offload as much as they can before making the trek home. But this year I decided to go early Saturday. Glad I did because I managed to nab a 3 branch RR Pink Floyd for a good deal. Always wanted this coral in my tank! :)

I remember, YEARS ago, it was late Sunday and guy tried to sell me a 8 inch bright yellow/gold hammer for ~300-400. I think it was originally listed for ~600+. He went all the way down to 200 and I wasn't even trying to bargain! He really wanted to get rid of it. At the time, I had no idea how special it was and am still kicking myself for not nabbing that one.

Anyway, this year I went a little nuts and came home with 23 frags and a clam. Ramen noodle soup will be my primary intake for awhile lol. Here is some stuff I got:

Gs3KWCX.jpg
View attachment 1169594
0CbQYtZ.jpg

w8zJlZZ.jpg

Very nice haul!

World Wide Corals

GThompson

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Gs3KWCX.jpg
View attachment 1169594
0CbQYtZ.jpg

w8zJlZZ.jpg

I think you made good choices. Nothing wrong with Ramen noodles. Lol

AquaCave Logo Banner

Guttersnipe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of nice corals there but I only left with two frags from fraghouse. He had a very small selection but a good selection. A lot of the pieces I was interested in was already sold to another vendor. My priority was to get a new tank made. I should be getting my crystal dynamics tank delivered in 4-6 weeks.
Not much information on the two frags I got from fraghouse. One is called f2m chrome illusion and the other is f2m quasar. I couldn’t find a picture of the quasar anywhere online. But the chrome illusion I did find some pictures of it. This is the picture of chrome illusion I found.

B1284A8F-92BC-4495-9D9C-6742A515AD6D.jpeg

Journeyman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of nice corals there but I only left with two frags from fraghouse. He had a very small selection but a good selection. A lot of the pieces I was interested in was already sold to another vendor. My priority was to get a new tank made. I should be getting my crystal dynamics tank delivered in 4-6 weeks.
Not much information on the two frags I got from fraghouse. One is called f2m chrome illusion and the other is f2m quasar. I couldn’t find a picture of the quasar anywhere online. But the chrome illusion I did find some pictures of it. This is the picture of chrome illusion I found.

View attachment 1170575
Frag house was awesome. He had awesome corals and great prices on sunday. I picked up a vivid's confetti from him. I also got a couple of Millie's, which I think he named himself, but they looked pretty. Misdemeanor milli and hot mama milli. I haven't found any other pictures online.

He had a pretty pickachu for $40 I was really tempted to get, but I already have a pink Floyd, which looks almost the same.

Guttersnipe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frag house was awesome. He had awesome corals and great prices on sunday. I picked up a vivid's confetti from him. I also got a couple of Millie's, which I think he named himself, but they looked pretty. Misdemeanor milli and hot mama milli. I haven't found any other pictures online.

He had a pretty pickachu for $40 I was really tempted to get, but I already have a pink Floyd, which looks almost the same.
Please let me know when you’re able to make a frag of that confetti.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
RC
Back