Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, nearing the end of my cycle in a 30 gallon tank. I was stupid and added fish in around day 10-12. Currently I have a longnose hawk, 2 ocellaris clowns, a purple basslet, and a ywg. I also have a duncan colony, and gsp and a orange hammer frag.
I've been noticing a lot of brown algae growing in my tank, and was wondering if I should manually scrape/wash it off. My tank has live sand and around 28 pounds of live rock.
I also added a protein skimmer yesterday, but am unsure if it's working or not, so any insight into this would be appreciated!

Thanks

AquaCave Logo Banner

AC1211

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, nearing the end of my cycle in a 30 gallon tank. I was stupid and added fish in around day 10-12. Currently I have a longnose hawk, 2 ocellaris clowns, a purple basslet, and a ywg. I also have a duncan colony, and gsp and a orange hammer frag.
I've been noticing a lot of brown algae growing in my tank, and was wondering if I should manually scrape/wash it off. My tank has live sand and around 28 pounds of live rock.
I also added a protein skimmer yesterday, but am unsure if it's working or not, so any insight into this would be appreciated!

Thanks
You can't go back in time but it seems like a lot of fish for a 30 gallon already and a few corals. So, how to fix the tank now. Well, when you do a water change get some of that algae out. Do you have any cleanup crew?

CLICK TO VIEW

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
www.Riptideaquaculture.com
Back