Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! The tank below is 5-6 weeks old. It’s my first SW tank - the 13.5 gallon fluval. Yes, i absolutely wish I had started with a bigger tank, but this is what I’m working with. I currently have a 4 week established black cap basslet, a brand new clown, a hermit crab, a trochus snail and nassarius snail. I’m done with fish in this nano for the foreseeable future - I’m cautious about territoriality with these two in a tiny tank like this. In about 2-3 months I’d like to start some soft corals.

The red-lid jar is a 1/4 cup of sand containing spaghetti worms (and who knows what else) from a sw tank from
59FDE2E3-C59F-4179-87BD-2FB1CD71531E.jpeg
a reputable LFS. The nice person there highly recommended I introduce spaghetti worms to help keep this tank clean. I’m nervous about introducing the new substrate, water, worms and all that comes with it. I don’t know if the small size and newness of the tank might get overwhelmed with worms - or other. And I don’t want to damage my new fish.

Any opinions or thoughts?

AquaCave Logo Banner

Reef Psychology

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank mates will likely be fine together - at least for the next couple of years. As for the worms, like most things we add to our aquariums, diversity is desired. I'd personally buy something like EcoPods from Algaebarn, but either way, they are fine. Most will be eaten or die off in the next year so replenishing will be necessary. That's why sump's are so desirable. Gives these animals a shelter to thrive in. Just remember, they aren't required and will likely come into your tank via corals and plugs.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
https://www.triton.de/en/
Back