Should I be concern with my bicolor blenny?

bquarium

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

My Blenny has been in my qt tank for about about 6 days now, and he has been shy for the most part, but he has been coming out more and he randomly started to twitch/spazz/scratch on my pvc pipe. I was reading it could be flashing or dominance? I don’t see any dots or anything on him that would indicate ich.

He hasn’t done it again, but should I be concern?

I’m starting my copper qt and it’s roughly .35-.45 (coppermine) been slowly ramping it to the recommended.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After viewing the video, another possibility is gill flukes. Normally, the QT protocol calls foe praziquantel after the 30 day copper treatment. If the flashing continues, you may need to use prazi simultaneously with copper rather than waiting. Be sure to have extra aeration during the prazi treatment to maintain oxygen levels in the water.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bquarium

bquarium

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After viewing the video, another possibility is gill flukes. Normally, the QT protocol calls foe praziquantel after the 30 day copper treatment. If the flashing continues, you may need to use prazi simultaneously with copper rather than waiting. Be sure to have extra aeration during the prazi treatment to maintain oxygen levels in the water.
Thanks, I'll get some prazipro, would you recommend just putting in a small wave maker like a Syncra Nano or another airpump/airstone

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bquarium

bquarium

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An airstream will be more effective in this instance.
Hey,

It’s been only 2 days and I’m certain there are flukes as my 2 clowns and firefish are all flashing now, but I’ve notice my water getting alittle more cloudy after dosing prazipro. I read it might get cloudy and a water change should help. Should I wait until the 7 days as recommended or do the water change after the first dosing is complete? I have 2 air pumps going.

Short vid for reference, but it’s hard to see the cloudy waters in it.

Attachments

• IMG_6759.mov
    8.1 MB
Upvote 0

threebuoys

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

It’s been only 2 days and I’m certain there are flukes as my 2 clowns and firefish are all flashing now, but I’ve notice my water getting alittle more cloudy after dosing prazipro. I read it might get cloudy and a water change should help. Should I wait until the 7 days as recommended or do the water change after the first dosing is complete? I have 2 air pumps going.

Short vid for reference, but it’s hard to see the cloudy waters in it.
I would wait unless the cloudiness worsens. Prazi encourages bacterial growth, hence the need for aeration. After several days, prazi diminishes, that's why you need the second dose. Some even dose a 3rd time particularly if flashing continues beyond 1st dose.

Upvote 0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Breeders
Back