Should i add another wave maker?

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I just wanted to ask if it would be good to add another wave maker on the opposite side of my current wave maker, I have one currently on the same side as my return pump and all of my corals are plump and happy but I wanted to get an opinion about if it would be beneficial for gas exchanged and flow patterns etc if I got a second one. My only worry is that it will make too much flow for my 24 gallon nano! TYIA!

P.S this is a photo from a few weeks ago but it was the only one i had that showed the wave maker, current at the top of that rock I now have a Stylo and Torch (both on my tank thread)

1724801461593.png

OP
OP
NonstopSoda

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once your coral grows out a lot more, you probably will need it. But for right now, not really. If stuff is happy and you aren't getting odd pockets of detritus build up let it ride :)
Thank you! This is exactly what I was lookin for :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always preferred 2 ran at 50% over 1 at 100%. For me it's also piece of mind when I have to clean them or if one fails. I really don't like the tank going with no flow. You can also do alot more with two bouncing off each other. Just my opinion.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back