+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have this combination working?

Had to replace my laptop after the last one got broken.

Can't now get my Seneye to give live readings. It does one single reading then nothing even if you click Update.

PAR meter also does not update even when held directly under the lights.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
ajm83

ajm83

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just plugged one into my Windows 11 machine and the PAR meter updated in real time.
Right I just tried unplugging, replugging a few times. No change.

However I uninstalled the device from device manager then relaunched the program, it's now working. However it goes wrong again every time the program is relaunched.

Will report to Seneye support and see what they say.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
ajm83

ajm83

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting nowhere with support, their idea of a solution is to run it in offline mode and periodically manually reconnect to the computer to get the data fed in.
Not exactly ideal when you're trying to use the PAR meter lol.

Seems like a clear bug to me, I've asked for it to be submitted to their devs so we shall see...

saltyfins

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have this combination working?

Had to replace my laptop after the last one got broken.

Can't now get my Seneye to give live readings. It does one single reading then nothing even if you click Update.

PAR meter also does not update even when held directly under the lights.
wild guess, because this happened to me with my GHL, and there's a firewall installed, that will not let you do what you should. I had to go to walmart, and buy a $200 laptop by Gateway, and then everything worked. just a thought...if you have an older laptop, maybe try that?

Sarlindescent

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My laptop is windows 10, but one issue I had is the Seneye would not work off battery power. When I plugged the laptop into a wall, it worked 100% of the time. Unplug the laptop again and seneye stopped reading. May want to try it out.

BRS
OP
OP
ajm83

ajm83

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right I've solved this for anybody else with the same problem. It's not Windows 11, it's USB 3 (or maybe a combo of the two).

If I use the Seneye connected to the built-in laptop USB 3.0 ports, i have to uninstall and reinstall the device driver every time i reconnect the device, otherwise there are no live updates. It updates once then freezes.
However if I use the device connected through the pictured USB 2.0 hub (some Chinese rubbish, cost me £2.95 from ebay) it all works as it should. Plug in and get live updates immediately.

So a clear bug and you'd think they'd want to get the details of my system or the logs from the program to fix it? Nope, they have absolutely no interest in fixing it.

Seneye support have been worse than useless, I would never ever recommend this product to anybody.

PS this is a Lenovo laptop, not some weird no name system. Every other device I've tried has worked perfectly, it's just the Seneye playing up.

IMG20220404213802.jpg

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being the hub is still plugged into a USB 3.0 plug makes no sense. USB 3.0 is backwards compatible.

Computers are weird sometimes....

I have a PC at work that will not boot if the monitor is plugged into it. Unplug the monitor, it boots up, then plug in the monitor and it works fine.

OP
OP
ajm83

ajm83

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being the hub is still plugged into a USB 3.0 plug makes no sense. USB 3.0 is backwards compatible.

Computers are weird sometimes....

I have a PC at work that will not boot if the monitor is plugged into it. Unplug the monitor, it boots up, then plug in the monitor and it works fine.

For 99.9% of devices it is backwards compatible, for devices which do weird & non-standard things to prevent them being used with USB extenders, who knows... :)

Top Shelf Aquatics
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
BSA
Back