Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started a 10 gallon QT tank for a new purchase. I pulled a black course filter sponge from my main tank that is 6 months old and added it to the QT hob filter. Will this be sufficient for one small fish? Api is starting to show ammonia but I know all the issues with that test

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started a 10 gallon QT tank for a new purchase. I pulled a black course filter sponge from my main tank that is 6 months old and added it to the QT hob filter. Will this be sufficient for one small fish? Api is starting to show ammonia but I know all the issues with that test
Yes that should be ok. I like the seachem ammonia badge for short term use.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The seeded sponge should help depending on amount of surface area. Add dentrifying bacteria to boost the cultures and since you are aware of the varied results with this kit, take a water sample to a store that does NOT use Api kits and have them test your ammonia and nitrates and compare readings- then you'll know where your levels truly are at

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back