Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my clownfish recently had their first spawn and I caught the majority of the fry who are now 3 days old. They are in a 10 gallon tank with heater and air stone.
My question is when you research most people say to add seeded sponge filter at like day 10, up to then everyone seems to do frequent water changes.
I added 2 ceramic bio balls that were seeded in my sump on day 1 on top of the heater near the air stone.
Is there a reason people are not introducing seeded media on day 1 to the fry tank to manage ammonia?
Appreciate any insight!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

WarChief

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think that little amount of media will help that much?
So my clownfish recently had their first spawn and I caught the majority of the fry who are now 3 days old. They are in a 10 gallon tank with heater and air stone.
My question is when you research most people say to add seeded sponge filter at like day 10, up to then everyone seems to do frequent water changes.
I added 2 ceramic bio balls that were seeded in my sump on day 1 on top of the heater near the air stone.
Is there a reason people are not introducing seeded media on day 1 to the fry tank to manage ammonia?
Appreciate any insight!

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
RC
Back